website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But one country entered one of the biggest hits the world has ever seen :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if it steamrolls the competition by a huge margin.

Hm, after looking up the past results it seems like to me the biggest song usually doesn't win the contest. 

Edited by Vektor

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I like how TISC is almost here again and bestmen get's all salty and angry and emotionalladylike and like a kid who's candy is taken away :wub: 

It means TISC really is close now.

No, he's just drunk again or ran out of alcohol and is all grumpy :d 

But what is TISC without bestmen :wub: It's like that feeling when you see Coca Cola Christmas ads on TV, you know holidays are here :cheer: 

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Hm, after looking up the past results it seems like to me the biggest song usually doesn't win the contest. 

Just like the most popular songs are surely not the most quality ones :d 

The first TISC is the most memorable one. John Lennon's Imagine was leading with a great margin before the evening session just to be overtook by Andrea Boccelli who was leading until last votes. Bulgaria cast their votes giving 12 pts to Sweden and at the end Italy got beaten by Roxette's Listen to your heart :d

26 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Yeah I'm not saying they are the big favourites, just that I wouldn't be surprised :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Who designs logos anyway? :p 

@vinipereira I believe. Much better graphic designer than myself.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

640px-%C3%85byh%C3%B8j_%28Silkeborgvej%2

Åbyhøj - Photo: RhinoMind - Wiki

As our final host city, we can welcome @Glen, @hckosice and @Finnator123 to Aabyhøj, the lovely suburb to Aarhus and hometown of the defending TISC Open champion, Tina Dickow.

Aabyhøj is a rather new place only dating from 1880, as a part of the Eastern suburbs of Aarhus, where it grew from the more than 1000 years older Åby (the city by the stream) and was a part of Aaby municipality. Aaby was a harbor before changing conditions made it impossible to sail up the stream, making Aarhus harbor necessary. The history of Aabyhøj is really the same as many other suburbs in Denmark. It started as farm lands, but as Aarhus grew in the 1800s, the areas surrounding did as well with housing for mainly workers, but also more wealthy people.

360px-%C3%85byh%C3%B8j_Kirke_%28front%29

Åbyhøj Kirke - Photo: RhinoMind - Wiki

Aabyhøj has had some decent success in basketball winning the women’s league twice and finished 3rd last year. Most famous people from the town are musicians, but AGF-legend John Stampe should be mentioned as well.

640px-%C3%85by_Park_%28maj_03%29.jpg

Åbyhøj Park - Photo: RhinoMind - Wiki

The most well-known thing in the area is where the annual Northside Festival is held, but the small Aaby Park is also worth a stroll and you can take a canoe ride along the stream. But let’s admit it. Even though we don’t have much time left, you will most likely check out some of the attractions of Aarhus, with Den Gamle By within walking distance.

Thanks, this post made me realize I hadn't listened to Tina Dickow and her wonderful winning song for a while, so here we go :wub:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!