website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Can we get sort of a headcount of people who are as sure as they can be that they will or will not be here on Saturday? Obviously except for special and sudden circumstances :p It could make it a bit easier for the hosts to know whether or not they should post someone's votes or wait.

The Netherlands will be present, so if I'm late for some reason (I get distracted easily, but I'll set an alarm), just mention me and I should be here.

If nothing unexpected happens, I will be able to post the Hungarian votes on Saturday.  

57 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Finally we found you , you were wanted since 2016 

231019883.jpg

Please, I’m worth at least 10,000,000

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

All that is not important not necessary , just post the final ranking or tell us who won even if we all know it 

Algeria is, as always, bookies' favorite for the win. Current odds are 1.004. :evil:

#banbestmen

640px-Copenhagen_Central_Station.jpg

Copenhagen Central Station - Photo: Dennis Jarvis - Wiki

We can now welcome @bestmen, @Ruslan and @Fly_like_a_don to the capitol of our nation, and birthplace of Amalie Bruun, the woman behind the name Myrkur, Copenhagen.

The history of Copenhagen is often said to go back to the bishop Absalon who is said to have acquired parts of the settlements at about 1160. However historic sources mention the area at least 100 years earlier. It was however under the leadership of Absalon that the city grew the most during the medieval ages. It was in the 1400s that the Danish king took residence in the town and made it the most important. Since then it has grown steadily even though attacked several times by both Sweden and the British. Nowadays Copenhagen is a well-known tourist destination with all kinds of attractions.

512px-Amalienborg_from_top_of_church.jpg

Amalienborg Royal Palace - Photo: Ib Rasmussen - Wiki

As the capitol of the country, Copenhagen is of course a major sports city. The football team FC Copenhagen has won numerous national championships and the city has hosted several major sporting events with both the UEFA Euro 2020 and the 2021 Tour de France ahead. Among many sports legends, 1992 European Champion John Jensen and Viggo Jensen, the first Danish Olympic Champion, are from here.

640px-Tivoli_-_Rutschebanen_02.JPG

The Old roller coaster - Photo: Leif Jørgensen - Wiki

It’s hard to pick just a few places to visit in Copenhagen. At the Tivoli you can try the world’s third oldest functioning roller coaster, there are plenty of museums to visit, no matter if you prefer arts or history, you can walk around taking in all the historic view or you can of course go and see the famous statue of the little mermaid.

@Agger No mention of CoppenHill :yikes::stop:. Arguably one of the coolest buildings in the world.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Agger said:

Nah. I think I could think of 100 places to mention before Copenhill :p 

True, but Copenhill is just so cool.