website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

As for the Portuguese jury I can tell it quite clearly: I give zero f*cks about the nation or the language or the users.

In fact, it might work the other way around, as if I understand what they say I might dislike the song for being so dumb (it happened :)).

I don’t even watch the videos to not be influenced by its quality. I basically just go one by one from the TISC first page, listen  to then, and give it points (doing second or third rounds for specific songs with similar points for the final decision)

Anyway, bottom line is: keep sending the best of Indonesia. Even if not everyone likes it, someone will, and you’ll know you’ve helped on sharing a bit of your country with someone else :):yes

OMG, that was extremely relatable :lol: The lyrics has definitely killed songs for me in the past.

8 minutes ago, Werloc said:

OMG, that was extremely relatable :lol: The lyrics has definitely killed songs for me in the past.

Yep, with my main example being the one that basically said eating meat makes you a murderer and a terrible human being. Yeah.......gubay:p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, Werloc said:

There has been plenty non-English songs to do well over 100 points. Your point becomes even less valid with Hungary's fourth place this year...

The fact that native language songs were already ahead in scoring doesn't sound pretty farly to me, sorry.

It's fair. You can not put a English song just because you like it when your country doesn't have enough speakers or it's not used anywhere. 

The event lacks proper quality of  judging  by jury members who are happy to vote among themselves. Indian users including me should spend time for "more important" things rather be waste their time here. 

Adios to the page!! 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yep, with my main example being the one that basically said eating meat makes you a murderer and a terrible human being. Yeah.......gubay:p 

I remember a Portuguese song that made fun of people that played video games, if I remember correctly? But the song was still very good and got points from me nonetheless, even if I felt personally attacked by it.

3 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

It's fair. You can not put a English song just because you like it when your country doesn't have enough speakers or it's not used anywhere. 

The event lacks proper quality of  judging  by jury members who are happy to vote among themselves. Indian users including me should spend time for "more important" things rather be waste their time here. 

Adios to the page!! 

bestmen, get off @Fly_like_a_don's account please.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Adios to the page!! 

Okay, I'm sorry, but the imagery of Indian users gathering for a small meeting deciding amongst each other which 'more important' things they should do next instead of wasting their time on a friendly music competition used to bring countries together and share music just really made me laugh :d

About languages: I simply like to at the very least be able to recognize words in whatever I listen. Doesn't matter much if it's Dutch, English, Portuguese, German or even Spanish, Italian, French, Lithuanian, Estonian, Danish, Norwegian etc. My problem is with languages that have an entirely different system (think Chinese, Arabic and so on), which to me, who never learned those languages, just sounds like gibberish or random sounds. I can't really vote for a song of which the entire language to me sounds like nothing but random sounds, because I don't like listening to those songs, with very rare exceptions. Is that so criminal?

Just now, Werloc said:

Okay, I'm sorry, but the imagery of Indian users gathering for a small meeting deciding amongst each other which 'more important' things they should do next instead of wasting their time on a friendly music competition used to bring countries together and share music just really made me laugh :d

Point one on the meeting: See if we finish high. If not, say it's because everything is shit and unfair and biased against us and this whole thing is stupid.