website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

Just now, rybak said:

I'm for #TISCinIndia. Just because India have like hundred users here, for sure some of them could handle this and organize the contest. What do you think? :mumble:

You know Totallympics is a small place when having 5-10 active users feels like a hundred. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, rybak said:

I'm for #TISCinIndia. Just because India have like hundred users here, for sure some of them could handle this and organize the contest. What do you think? :mumble:

Well, like Algeria, their behavior hasn’t earned them the contest. I can understand being frustrated, but threatening a boycott is a bit ridiculous (and definitely not something I’ve said before ?)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, rybak said:

But almost all of them just hang out in their national thread and only every now and then put a careful step or two outside it :p 

And the most active Indian in this thread in the past few days was only bitching about how shitty this whole thing is, so... :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

You know Totallympics is a small place when having 5-10 active users feels like a hundred. :p

Well technically they have like 26 active users, just not of them are “active”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well, like Algeria, their behavior hasn’t earned them the contest. I can understand being frustrated, but threatening a boycott is a bit ridiculous (and definitely not something I’ve said before ?)

And a really terrible 'threat'. Like, oh my gosh oh no, don't boycott it please we'll give you all our money.

Spoiler

Ok gubay enjoy your boycot

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

It was just one user, competing in the TISC for the first time, maybe his expectations about good result were too big and now is just dissapointed. Even if he will "boycott" next edition, then there is +15 other users which can compete.

2 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

But almost all of them just hang out in their national thread and only every now and then put a careful step or two outside it :p 

And the most active Indian in this thread in the past few days was only bitching about how shitty this whole thing is, so... :d 

Maybe organizing the TISC would make them more opened for other threads :p I would give them chance, of course if someone of them will want host the contest.

Just now, intoronto said:

If India hosts it, we will have an unprepared contest, like Delhi 2010, I kid ofc. Though I am not objected to the idea. However, shouldn't it be up to @Heywoodu? 

Sadly, according to the rules, if the host (in this case, me) decides to drop it, there is some process that's going to happen. If it was up to me, I'd already have my choice :p