website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

4 hours ago, Werloc said:

I remember a Portuguese song that made fun of people that played video games, if I remember correctly? But the song was still very good and got points from me nonetheless, even if I felt personally attacked by it.

Do you mean the Italian song that won last year (?) in which they criticized people using their phones and internet all the time? (I don't remember it well enough but I think that at one point they were talking about selfies)

The point difference between the Top2 nations, Netherlands and Australia, per countries:

flMipwS.png

NED +12 or +11 (4) - :ITA :TUN :SLO :EGY 

NED +10 or +9 (2) - :GRE :AUS 

NED +8 or +7 (3) - :CHN :ALG :FIN 

NED +6 or +5 (1) - :DEN 

NED +4 or +3 (2) - :ESP :SVK 

NED +2 or +1 (3) - :CRO :NOR :MEX 

0 (6) - :MDA :CAN :KAZ :SWE :ARG :SRB 

AUS +1 or +2 (5) - :LTU :GBR :BRA :IND :POL 

AUS +3 or +4 (2) - :HUN :MLT 

AUS +5 or +6 (3) - :USA :IRL :NZL 

AUS +7 or +8 (3) - :NED :CHI :ROU 

AUS +9 or +10 (2) - :POR :FRA 

AUS +11 or +12 (1) - :INA 

15 countries preferred Netherlands and 16 preferred Australia. 6 didn't vote for them. Technically you can say that Netherlands won because it had more countries (4 vs. 1) in the +12 or +11 range, so it won thanks to Italy, Tunisia, Slovenia, and Egypt. 

Favorite song out of the overall Top4:

Q7x1HMW.png

Netherlands (9) - :CRO :ALG :GRE :TUN :DEN :SLO :ESP :NOR :MEX 

Australia (11) - :NED :LTU :MLT :USA :CHI :BRA :ROU :IRL :FRA :INA :NZL 

Sweden (5) - :CHN :HUN :ITA :KAZ :AUS 

Hungary (10) - :GBR :CAN :SVK :EGY :POR :IND :FIN :ARG :POL :SRB

Didn't vote for the Top4 (2) - :MDA :SWE 

Edited by Vektor

5 hours ago, Werloc said:

I personally am still not a huge fan of TISC in Algeria, because of his prior bullying of multiple hosts of the event. Although he did behave this year pretty nicely.

remember your edition , you crashed all the flags , that was an insult for the nations and of course you did nothing to fix it  you totally didn't care

just for this you should be ban  as many users left the forum because of the mediocre work

my rule : doing one good job or leave :bye:

Edited by bestmen

personnally i know that all the hosts did what they can to make it good

but sorry all that, is banal for me   i didn't see any personal touch  , doesn't mean that you have to create somethnig on the moon , hé no!! even the simple idea could be great but should be yours   , something new 

things don't improve then the forum too , nothing is attractive for the newcomers except the predictions

I came here to post my biannual thanks for this contest (a community, actually) and the first thing I see is a bestmen 2.0 from India with a lot of salt

I mean, a lot of songs I like usually do average and I've gotten lucky with a few actually winning the contest, but English or not, if it's good, it's good, If it's shit, well...

But first of all, I send my congrats to @Wumo and @Agger for hosting the contest. It was well-run, despite a few headaches (I know, I've been in your shoes before) and Wumo, I'm impressed you went from newbie to host in 12 months. I remember when you first came here wanting to watch it live, so I'm glad we made you feel welcomed

@Olympian1010 and I worked hard to get our entry a good placing, so we're very glad it got 5th place, which is better than what we had earlier this year. I was worried about this a bit considering that we also sent fun to the contest last year, but I'm glad it turned out well.

Congrats to @heywoodu for the victory on top of that Eurovision win. I'm not sure how you will juggle hosting both contest next year, should you go down that route, but I wish you good luck. Also, I didn't vote for you (but @Olympian1010 did), so that should've been an indication that you would win

@KingOfTheRhinos, congrats on getting silver. @Olympian1010 liked the song more than I do (I gave you 3 points, sorry), but what a worthy runner-up. I was actually pulling for you to win

@Belle Congrats on getting 3rd place. Yours was one of the few songs I knew about beforehand (the others were entries from France and Romania @Bohemia @Benolympique @IoNuTzZ)

Thanks to the following for the points to our entry:

12 -- :FIN @Finnator123 (I knew I would count on you since we have nearly the same tastes)

11 -- :MDA @Ionoutz24 :IRL @OlympicIRL

10 -- :POR @kungshamra71

9 -- :MLT @Glen

8 -- :LTU @Werloc :BRA @vinipereira @titicow :IND @Fly_like_a_don :AUS @KingOfTheRhinos

7 -- :NED @heywoodu :ITA @SteveParker @Henry_Leon @Gianlu33 @Pablita :ESP @Cobi :EGY @thepharoah :FRA @Bohemia @Benolympique

6 -- RIP

5 -- RIP

4 -- RIP

3 -- :NOR @Skijumpingmaster

2 -- :CAN @intoronto

1 -- :TUN @amen09 @tuniscof :SLO @justony

Finally, here are my personal votes

12 :CHI Chile

11 :SVK Slovakia

10 :FRA France

:CAN Canada

:SWE Sweden

:MEX Mexico

:MDA Moldova

:IRL Ireland

:FIN Finland

:AUS Australia

:LTU Lithuania

:KAZ Kazakhstan

Reserves

R1 :BUL Bulgaria

R2 :ITA Italy

R3 :ESP Spain

R4 :ALG Algeria

One more thing: #TISCinALG

Edited by dezbee2008

Why don’t you offer to create the templates for the host? 

The point is, not many people know how to create elaborate works or even have the time to do it but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t host. Instead of critisizing, why not message them and ask them if they would like help.

And if your answer is that you have no interest in making them for others or that each should have their own designs, then what’s the problem? Let them be to do that then instead of always mocking everything.

4 minutes ago, bestmen said:

personnally i know that all the hosts did what they can to make it good

but sorry all that, is banal for me   i didn't see any personal touch  , doesn't mean that you have to create somethnig on the moon , hé no!! even the simple idea could be great but should be yours   , something new 

things don't improve then the forum too , nothing is attractive for the newcomers except the predictions

Not everyone is able to create things like logos and cool templates and pictures and stuff. I sure can't. I can write things, no problem, but creating and designing? No, I just can't.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!