27 SLO 48 61 109
28 GRE 73 29 102
29 INA 57 42 99
30 IND 28 37 65
31 EGY 24 28 52
32 CHI 10 37 47

#banbestmen

Oh wow, Netherlands won the combined ranking as well? :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I just now realize it was actually Ireland that won the Annual this year instead of the Netherlands :yikes: I think having hosting rights confused my mind the past half year :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I just now realize it was actually Ireland that won the Annual this year instead of the Netherlands :yikes: I think having hosting rights confused my mind the past half year :d 

:facepalm: should be a new reaction...

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Winning once already got to your head? Pretty early to try and change history ;)

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

We're living in a mad world.... I shed a tear for you.

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

I remember a Portuguese song that made fun of people that played video games, if I remember correctly? But the song was still very good and got points from me nonetheless, even if I felt personally attacked by it.

Have literally no idea which song said that. Was it from another portuguese user? :mumble:

My personal votes:

12 pts. :NOR  - Amazing vocals from the great Morten Harket. The lyrics felt very personally to me and during my listenings I often shed a tear or two when listening to the song. 

11 pts. :GBR - This song was already on my own playlist. This is one of my favourite songs by The Stone Roses. I simply adore it. It was long my canditate for the 12 points, but the Norwegian entry was, as I have described above, something truly special for me.

10 pts. :LTU - During my first couple of listenings, I didn't like this song. But after more listenings, it really grew on me. The chorus is really what makes this song great. The person or persons who composed this do know how to make a hell of catchy chorus. 

9 pts. :HUN - This song is truly great. I don't understand a single word, but that doesn't affect this song. Amazing and mesmerizing vocals and great instrumentation overall. Some of the best folk music I have heard in a very long time. 

8 pts. :SWE - Here comes a story. In my childhood, I was exposed to ABBA a lot, as my parents were and are massive fans of them. I have seen and heard many ABBA musicals. One time we were in Paris on vacation and we went in and saw an ABBA musical in one the theaters. It was in French of course and none of us understood much what was going on, but we just came to listen to the music. I'm impressed I haven't grew tired of their songs. They do really know how to write good pop songs. Mamma Mia is not at all my favourite ABBA song, but still enough to become fifth in my ranking.

7 pts. :TUN - A great song with a great message. Loved many elements in this song. Once again, the chorus was a big factor why it ended sixth in my ranking.

From here, the songs were very close to each other. All good songs with some good or great elements.

6 pts. :SVK - Usually hiphop or hiphop-inspired songs are not really my taste. But the one factor this song came in, and you may have guessed it, the chorus.

5 pts. :SRB - It was not in my top 12 at first, but it was yet another song which grew on me the more I listened to it.  The chorus has really get stuck in my head. 

4 pts. :NED - Electro-swing can be good and this was one of those cases for me. I like the overall vibe of the song. The chorus did not get stuck in my head, like some other songs on my list. However, the song is so good overall that it makes the cut.

3 pts. :CAN - I don't have any specific comments about this song. Good overall song, with a good chorus. I just like it. 

2 pts. :BRA - The vibe/mood of this song is great. It's the reason why it makes my top 12. 

1 pt. :FIN - It just feels good to have another rock song on the list. 

Reserves were :POR :ARG :ALG :POL. Portugal was particular close to make my top 12. 

Overall, I have 5-6 songs I like from this edition. But I will say, almost all other songs in this editon I wouldn't mind listen to from time to time. 

:NOR :LTU :HUN will be added to my own personal playlist. It's always good to have some new songs between my many 5-15 mins long progressive metal and melodic metalcore songs.