website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

#TISCinALG who is with me ? :evil:

I'm having doubts because he already started insulting me :p 

Apart from that, I'm generally a big fan of #TISCinALG, as I've always shown support for it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

56 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

The website never really opened in the 3rd session for me so couldn't post my vote. All other websites work fine but this doesn't open after 11.30pm and before 7am. Disaster! 

@Griff88 @Skijumpingmaster Both the songs were sure to be in 1st 2 after 1 listening.  

@hckosice  I listened to this 5-6 times. It was in 3rd position till last 2 hearing but then the last minute was sorta making it bored. Lyrics were good. 

@Vektor  I loved the instrumentals along with the music. 

@vinipereira @titicow A really interesting lyric video along with the music. 

@heywoodu The song wasn't bad, it wasn't a song it was a poem for me. And this getting the trophy is a disaster. 

If such good Indonesian entry can't earn at least 100 points I'm afraid any non -English song would ever do. 

My points were awarded pretty fairly with 30 points each for Music, Lyrics, Theme and 10 for something extra special. A total out of 100 was done. 

A suitable correction factor was applied

a. If song was in native language then score * 1.25

b. If score was in English, with the language not  spoken by more than 25% population  or it is not the main language used in government papers. 

Our song may not be the best buy if this song can't get in top 25 I really doubt about the jury members. The problem is favouritism + some users " like some nations " rather than song and give their points. 

Come on TOISC can be renamed Totallympics Open Eurovision contest and US and Australia can be invited. 

It’s just hard to appreciate a song I can’t understand. I to give quite a few points to foreign language entries, but in the case I just love Riptide and Liquid Lunch too much. 

Here’s my personal voting everyone, forgot to post it earlier :

12 pts: :AUS I mean come on, one of the best songs of the decade

11 pts: :HUN Very under-appreciated :(. Absolutely beautiful. Great choice @Vektor. Loved it from the minute I heard it.

10 pts: :DEN This one grew on me. Totally didn’t expect it to be the Danish entry (I just used the playlist, so as too avoid making political decisions). Would have made @Wumo and @Agger day I think :p

9 pts: :NED Great choice @heywoodu. Loved it from the minute I heard it (thought it was New Zealand at first). I just decided to award it a bit less than the others. Tone was perfect, lyrics were fun, and the voice had a good level of mastery.

8 pts: :CHI @Manulete Another great entry. This is one of three songs to have made my main playlist from this TISC

7 pts: :CZE (0 pts :cry:)

6 pts: :NOR @Skijumpingmaster This is song is in my genre of preference, but it just didn’t have the wow quality of others. A good entry nonetheless. I fully didn’t expect it to get points, but it grew on me when it mattered.

5 pts: :TUN best performance by an Arabic song @amen09. I could tell it was from the Arab Spring and Tunisia right away ?

4 pts: :INA @Griff88 unlike your voting, this song was not ass. The genre wasn’t my taste, but it definitely deserved points nonetheless. I agree with @Fly_like_a_don that the song punched under its weight (though I think the top 7-8 are correct)

3 pts: :SWE @Belle You submitted my childhood. Road trips with a Mamma Mia! CD. I knew all the words, but honestly, I like the cover more. Still the song deserves points.

2 pts: :ROU @IoNuTzZ For some reason I know this song well. Again, it just wasn’t as good as the top 6 or so, but another solid entry. 

1 pt: :POL @rybak I really liked this song, but in this case the language barrier killed you. As I said earlier, I enjoyed the risk you took.

R1: :CRO (would have received 1 pt ?) @dcro Bold risk going with a instrumental song. I just couldn’t get myself to give it more points, though it fully deserved a better final ranking.

R2: :MLT @Glen I know I haven’t given you a lot of points, but I love the songs you share. I eagerly await your annual entry.

R3: :IND @Fly_like_a_don Fully expected this song to be in my top 5, but in the end, it just didn’t click with me. Still very thankful that you shared your entry with us.

R4: :KAZ Qazakstan ?. Music video was a bit much for me. Surprising entry nonetheless.

A big thanks to @Wumo and @Agger for hosting a wonderful, albeit quite gaffed, edition of the TISC. Completely enjoyed my time on this thread.

Huge shoutout to all the participating juries. I love competing in this competition and learning through this cultural exchange. Honestly one of the best parts of the forum. Hope to see everyone participating again in the Spring.

In closing, Spain 12

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

Has India ever hosted a TISC event? 

No, only Ireland, Ireland, and Ireland have hosted TISC :p

No, India hasn’t hosted. I think the US, Lithuania, Denmark, Ireland, Brazil, Mexico, and Tunisia have hosted (and maybe Great Britain too).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, India hasn’t hosted. I think the US, Lithuania, Denmark, Ireland, Brazil, Mexico, and Tunisia have hosted (and maybe Great Britain too).

and maybe Slovenia too

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

The website never really opened in the 3rd session for me so couldn't post my vote. All other websites work fine but this doesn't open after 11.30pm and before 7am. Disaster! 

@Griff88 @Skijumpingmaster Both the songs were sure to be in 1st 2 after 1 listening.  

@hckosice  I listened to this 5-6 times. It was in 3rd position till last 2 hearing but then the last minute was sorta making it bored. Lyrics were good. 

@Vektor  I loved the instrumentals along with the music. 

@vinipereira @titicow A really interesting lyric video along with the music. 

@heywoodu The song wasn't bad, it wasn't a song it was a poem for me. And this getting the trophy is a disaster. 

If such good Indonesian entry can't earn at least 100 points I'm afraid any non -English song would ever do. 

My points were awarded pretty fairly with 30 points each for Music, Lyrics, Theme and 10 for something extra special. A total out of 100 was done. 

b. If score was in English, with the language not  spoken by more than 25% population  or it is not the main language used in government papers then score *1

Our song may not be the best buy if this song can't get in top 25 I really doubt about the jury members. The problem is favouritism + some users " like some nations " rather than song and give their points. 

Come on TOISC can be renamed Totallympics Open Eurovision contest and US and Australia can be invited. 

As for the Portuguese jury I can tell it quite clearly: I give zero f*cks about the nation or the language or the users.

In fact, it might work the other way around, as if I understand what they say I might dislike the song for being so dumb (it happened :)).

I don’t even watch the videos to not be influenced by its quality. I basically just go one by one from the TISC first page, listen  to then, and give it points (doing second or third rounds for specific songs with similar points for the final decision)

Anyway, bottom line is: keep sending the best of Indonesia. Even if not everyone likes it, someone will, and you’ll know you’ve helped on sharing a bit of your country with someone else :):yes

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ireland has only hosted twice and not since edition 5 :p. I have given up my hosting rights each time since.

And if Netherlands decline hosting duties  we will follow Section 9 of the rules to decide the new host.

I've heard the Dutch jury really doesn't know yet whether or not to give up hosting duties. Apparently they'd like to see how it's going to go with TAISC 2020.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

b. If score was in English, with the language not  spoken by more than 25% population  or it is not the main language used in government papers then score *1

There has been plenty non-English songs to do well over 100 points. Your point becomes even less valid with Hungary's fourth place this year...

The fact that native language songs were already ahead in scoring doesn't sound pretty farly to me, sorry.