website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

Congrats @heywoodu and the Netherlands on the win! :champion: As a custom, I rarely give points to a winning song, so nothing strange there.

Thank you @Wumo and @Agger on such entertainment! You did great!

Congrats to the podium!

And yes, GBR song is completely something I adore! The Stone Roses are one of my 100 favourite bands :dI was delighted when @uk12points selceted them!

And thank you again @Werloc for another song I fell in love with. Was on reply for so looong. I still like Kitoks Pasaulis a bit more, but this one was such a fun!

Brazil always sends something I like and this time Argentina did as well!

@DaniSRB finally selecting a song I like and, I would like to thank @Vektor on amazing selection. I listened to the music following the original lyrics and I had some goosebumps while listening to the song.

Anyway, to finish last, I did not expect. I mean, c'mon, the song I selected really was not that bad. I thought I would be hanging around 25-30, but this is really a blow. Will think a lot what to select for the future :d But it was fun nevertheless :cheer:

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Technically, in the case of the winner denying hosting rights, top 2 and top 3 are considered? Both countries haven't hosted yet either.

But nobody ever said that @heywoodu can't host both, the second being a continental collaboration with Brazil :d

That would be an interesting option :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

BREAKING NEWS!

Are our memes dying?

Many would say that this TISC has been a success, but what the Danish hosts are not telling you is...................................

This TISC thread actually has the least pages of replies since Annual in 2016.

This may be partially blamed on @Agger for having claimed he has a life outside of this competition, thus not leaving approximately 100 replies during the day that would have kept them above Annual in 2017.

Shocking indeed...

5 minutes ago, Wumo said:

denmark copy.png

Grand Final Scoreboard

:NED NETHERLANDS  194   :BRA BRAZIL 64
  :AUS AUSTRALIA  172   :MEX MEXICO 63
  :SWE SWEDEN  171   :SLO SLOVENIA  61
  :HUN HUNGARY  167   :LTU LITHUANIA 59
  :USA UNITED STATES  127   :KAZ KAZAKHSTAN 58
  :ESP SPAIN 118   :SVK SLOVAKIA 57
  :NOR NORWAY 113   :TUN TUNISIA 54 
  :ROU ROMANIA 110   :GBR GREAT BRITAIN  48
  :ALG ALGERIA 109   :ARG ARGENTINA  47
  :POR PORTUGAL 98   :INA INDONESIA 42 
  :SRB SERBIA 87   :MDA MOLDOVA  41
  :IRL IRELAND  81   :POL POLAND  39
  :FIN FINLAND 81    :CHI CHILE 37
  :FRA FRANCE 79    :IND INDIA 37
  :CRO CROATIA 78   :GRE GREECE 29 
  :CAN CANADA 74   :EGY EGYPT  28
  :MLT MALTA 74   :CHN P. R. OF CHINA 25
  :DEN DENMARK 73   :NZL NEW ZEALAND 20
  :ITA ITALY  71      

The Host Jury and the Organizing Commitee can now reveal the final scorboard for TOISC 2019. 

Top 3

1. The Netherlands

2. Australia

3. Sweden

A huge congratulations to the top 3!

Lastly, a big thank you to all entries and their delegations, national juries and of course the fans for have created an amazing atmosphere here in Arena Fyn, Odense, today.

Please notice me if there are any mistakes in the scoreboard. I will then fix them tomorrow. 

May you all have a good day, evening or night. :) 

I'm tired, so it's goodnight from me!

Yes, I have noticed one huge mistake. New Zealand should never be last in any music competition, like, ever. And that's coming from a man that did not give them a point in this edition :(

4 horas atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

@brunamoura heading towards victory? I think we all know @heywoodu couldn’t have that good of music taste him:pself 

Actually, I have no part in it ? but when we were listening to the playlist of the chosen songs, I said I liked the Dutch one (I knew it from my childhood) and only then I got to know it was the Dutch one and chosen by him ?

*Before @heywoodu gets addicted to the Croatian one, we were just listening to his personal playlist in the car and so far I liked every song... Not a bad taste at all ?

Australia has always been right the Netherlands  2 contest aren't much of a sample size but I think I just found my kryptonite. Congratulations @heywoodu I look forward to finally defeating my demons next time!

Edited by KingOfTheRhinos

15th place for us with 78 points. Starting from the 2018 Annual, we have finished 3/4 successive contests on 77 or 78 points...

It could have been worse, but I hoped for more. Especially after that start when we took a lead after 3 votes, and despite already voting!!! But, as we know, that turned out to be just a cruel draw more than anything else. At this point I don't believe a top 10 finish (or just going above 100 points) is in the cards for us. It's a tough pill to swallow. Maybe a sign that I should try some more experimentations. Finishing on 0 points would be making history after all... :d

Anyway, thanks to everyone who awarded points to Maksim, specially to :NED:CHN:SRB for giving us medals. :yes

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

9 hours ago, Vektor said:
Coat of arms of Hungary.svg

Tipo PRESS Regular 

Billedresultat for hungary folk music"

:POR PORTUGAL 12
 :NOR NORWAY 11
 :ARG ARGENTINA 10
 :SWE SWEDEN 9
 :CRO CROATIA 8
 :ALG ALGERIA 7
 :AUS AUSTRALIA 6
 :CHI CHILE 5
 :LTU LITHUANIA 4
 :DEN DENMARK 3
 :NED NETHERLANDS 2
 :FIN FINLAND 1

These were the votes of Hungary. Thank you all!  

wow!!! really didn't expect someone here to like the song that much! It's a very important and representative song of Portugal, and thats why I shared it here, so i'm really happy someone liked it that much :d