website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

:VEN VENEZUELA :VEN

As I was not able to pick only one song for Venezuela, I decided to post two. Both were very popular in Spain and Latin America when the songs were released, although the style is completely different. The first one is reggaeton and the second is a Latin ballad.

Chino & Nacho - Niña Bonita

Carlos Baute (ft. Marta Sánchez) - Colgando en tus manos

3 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Guys, I am trying to go through the comments but I am not really sure what should I do now. As you mentioned I have not participated. I shared the song I picked and what now? Listen to all the song and pick my favourites? Sorry for silly questions but I haven't found the information what I am supposed to do. Sorry. 

Also been busy past few weeks and unable to follow all what was happening here. 

As @Olympian1010 says, you should listen to the songs and send a top 12 (13 if Bulgaria is on it) to @Wumo and I. Sadly we can only give you til tonight to do this.

With the last planes touching down at Copenhagen Airport, we can sadly announce that :CZE and :BUL will not be participating at the Grand Final.

We really hoped that @Jan Linha could be a last moment arrival, but we have to stay on schedule.

We will be back momentarily with more news!

TISC Team Challenge Guidelines

• The TISC Team Challenge consists of 12 teams of 3 members each and the host, Denmark, as a joker.  Each team is named after an artist or band who have previously represented Denmark in TISC. Each team will additionally get the oppertunity to experience the hometown of the artist or band their team is named after. 

• The competition will be held in a relay format of 3 legs and each leg will consist of a pair from each team. Leg 1 will involve the votes of the juries positioned 1-13 in the voting order; leg 2 will include those juries positioned 14-25; leg 3 spans the votes of juries located 26-37 in the time schedule.

• There will be one pair consisting of two members from each team which can score on each leg. Only the score of the pair taking part in that specific leg will count towards the team competition.

Pairs
Team 1st Leg 2nd Leg 3rd Leg
 Jørgensen  :GBR Great Britain + :POR Portugal   :CRO Croatia + :POR Portugal  :CRO Croatia + :GBR GreatBritain
 Dinesen  :CHI Chile + :MEX Mexico   :CHN P.R. of China + :MEX Mexico   :CHN P.R. of China + :CHI Chile
 Volbeat  :CAN Canada + :INA Indonesia  :NED Netherlands + :INA Indonesia  :NED Netherlands + :CAN Canada
 Communions  :SLO Slovenia + :SWE Sweden  :LTU Lithuania + :SWE Sweden  :LTU Lithuania + :SLO Slovenia
 Myrkur  :KAZ Kazakhstan + :IND India  :ALG Algeria + :IND India  :ALG Algeria + :KAZ Kazakhstan
 Sort Sol  :ESP Spain + :FRA France  :HUN Hungary + :FRA France  :HUN Hungary + :ESP Spain
 Raveonettes  :NOR Norway + :NZL New Zealand  :ITA Italy + :NZL New Zealand  :ITA Italy + :NOR Norway
 Herman  :BRA Brazil + :ARG Argentina  :MDA Moldova + :ARG Argentina  :MDA Moldova + :BRA Brazil
 Dickow  :SVK Slovakia + :FIN Finland  :MLT Malta + :FIN Finland  :MLT Malta + :SVK Slovakia
 Kashmir  :ROU Romania + :POL Poland  :GRE Greece + :POL Poland  :GRE Greece + :ROU Romania
 Mew  :IRL Ireland + :AUS Australia  :TUN Tunisia + :AUS Australia  :TUN Tunisia + :IRL Ireland
 Blaue Blume  :EGY Egypt + :SRB Serbia  :USA United States + :SRB Serbia  :USA United States + :EGY Egypt
Joker on Microsoft Windows 10 May 2019 Update:DEN Denmark

• Example: Each team consists of 3 members, A,B and C. Team member A is positioned 1-13, B is 14-25 and C is 26-37 in the voting order.

Leg 1: consists of the votes of National Juries #1-13 (member A votes)

B and C compete as doubles partners on this leg

Leg 2: consists of the votes of National Juries #14-25 (member B votes)

A and C compete as doubles partners on this leg

Leg 3: consists of the votes of National Juries #26-37 (member C votes)

A and B compete as doubles partners on this leg

• The host nation, Denmark, will act as a joker. The host nation will not take part on any team, but its vote will count towards the team competition. This means if member B or C of a team gets one or more points from Denmark then those points will count towards the score of that team on that leg. Additionally, if any member's national jury has awarded any points to the Danish entry, the member will, regardless of any of the rules stated above, receive the same amount of points back which will count towards the team competiton. These bonus points are named "schmooze points", a.k.a. "thanks-for-voting-on-Denmark-here-are-some-points-just-because-the-host-jury-thinks-you-deserve-them points".  

• After all legs are completed, the team with the highest total team score will be deemed the winner. In the event that 2 or more teams are tied for one or more positions at the end of the contest, the total score of the 2 highest scoring pairs on each team will be used to break the tie. If there is still a tie, the highest scoring pair of each team will decide the any-tiebreaker. If after that the tie remains, then the teams will be deemed to have tied for the same position and no further tie-breaks will apply.

23 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and we just won by default our 3rd consecutive czechoslovak trophy :(

Congratulations on another victory in the Czechoslovak trophy :d

Maybe you should take a leaf out of Eurovision's book who invited Australia to participate.... so you could invite some other nation to join the "Czechoslovak trophy" :d

28 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and we just won by default our 3rd consecutive czechoslovak trophy :(

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Congratulations on another victory in the Czechoslovak trophy :d

Maybe you should take a leaf out of Eurovision's book who invited Australia to participate.... so you could invite some other nation to join the "Czechoslovak trophy" :d

Battle of the Slo’s?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

640px-Slagelse_Station_20.JPG

Slagelse Station - Photo: Leif Jørgensen

It is a pleasure to welcome @heywoodu, @intoronto and @Griff88 to Slagelse, hometown of Michael Poulsen, lead singer of our representatives in the 2014 TISC Annual, Volbeat. We trust you had a calm train ride here!

The history of the city dates a long way back with the area being a place of heathen worship in the past. When Christianity came to Denmark, the area grew. Close by the Viking ring castle Trelleborg was built, possibly ordered by Harald Bluetooth while a church and later a monastery was built in what is now Slagelse. During the industrialization the city grew, especially due to the railways.
The city has throughout history been known for the pupils of the latin school that includes some of the most noteworthy authors in Denmark, the internationally most familiar being Hans Christian Andersen who was a pupil 4 years, a time that the author despised.

640px-Slagelse_latinskole.jpg
Slagelse Latin School - Photo: Toxophilus - Wikipedia

As a sports fan, you may remember this as the city of Anja Andersen’s handball team Slagelse DT that won 3 Champions League titles between 2004 and 2007. It is also the birthplace of former hour record holder Ole Ritter.

571px-Sankt_Mikkels_Kirke_Slagelse_Denma

Saint Michaels's Church

We are sure that you, unlike H.C. Andersen, will be enjoy your stay. You won’t be bored. With Trelleborg and several museums, the old Saint Michael’s Church, a lovely coastal area nearby and several other cozy cities to visit, there are plenty of views to take in before the contest.

Edited by Agger