website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

With just over 5 days to go for the end of registrations, have made the decision of song, will post it soon.

It will be a rather different song compared to what India has usually  entered. 

But I have a doubt. The song is very old and hence can I use a newer video while the singer isn't changed at all ,in fact it's not that he sang it again only background video is changed. 

I am pretty sure the release date of the background video doesn't matter if the audio is old. We are voting for the songs/recordings, not the videos, which are just a "bonus" because we are using YouTube and not, for example, Spotify. 

Edited by Vektor

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

With just over 5 days to go for the end of registrations, have made the decision of song, will post it soon.

It will be a rather different song compared to what India has usually  entered. 

But I have a doubt. The song is very old and hence can I use a newer video while the singer isn't changed at all ,in fact it's not that he sang it again only background video is changed. 

This is no problem, does not effect the song's eligibility :yes

:ITA  Eros Ramazzotti - Terra Promessa (Promised Land) :ITA

(Italian)

Spoiler

TERRA PROMESSA

siamo ragazzi di oggi
pensiamo sempre all’America
guardiamo lontano
troppo lontano
viaggiare è la nostra passione
incontrare nuova gente
provare nuove emozioni
e stare amici di tutti

siamo ragazzi di oggi
anime nella città
dentro i cinema vuoti
seduti in qualche bar
e camminiamo da soli
nella notte più scura
anche se il domani
ci fa un pò paura
finché qualcosa cambierà
finché nessuno ci darà

una terra promessa
un mondo diverso
dove crescere i nostri pensieri
noi non ci fermeremo
non ci stancheremo di cercare
il nostro cammino

siamo ragazzi di oggi
zingari di professione
con i giorni davanti
e in mente un’illusione
noi siamo fatti così
guardiamo sempre al futuro
e così immaginiamo
un mondo meno duro
finché qualcosa cambierà
finché nessuno ci darà

una terra promessa
un mondo diverso
noi non ci fermeremo
non ci stancheremo di cercare
il nostro cammino

una terra promessa
un mondo diverso
noi non ci fermeremo
non ci stancheremo
ed insieme noi troveremo
una terra promessa
un mondo diverso...

(English words)

Spoiler

Promised land

we are today's boys
we always think about America
we look far away
too far away
travelling is our passion
meeting new people
trying new emotions and
staying friends with everybody

we are today's boys
souls of the city
at empty movie theatres
seated in some bar
and we walk alone
in the darkest night
even if the next
day scares us a little
until something will change
until somebody will give us

a promised land
a different world
where our thought grow
we won't stop
we won't feel bored to
look for our way

we are today's boys
gypsies by profession
with the days in prospect
and an illusion in mind
we are made like this
we always look into the future
and therefore we immagine
a less hard world
until something will change
until somebody will give us

a promised land
a different world
where our thought grow
we won't stop
we won't feel bored to
look for our way

a promised land
a different world
where our thought grow
we won't stop
we won't feel bored
and together we'll find
a promised land
a different world...

:IRL IRELAND

It gives me great pleasure to announce Moya Brennan as the Irish representative for TISC Open 2019. The entry, entitled "Labyrinth" is a collaboration with fellow singer-songwriter Liam Lawton and features on the 2004 album "Another World".

The song reflects on the journey we all make through life and that labyrinth of paths that lead us to our fate.

I hope you enjoy :)

Moya Brennan - Labyrinth

Step into the circle step onto your path
Find your place of journey where your life is mapped
Step into the circle if the way is clear
You can start your journey and circle all your fears

Labyrinth, labyrinth
As you make your journey the centre calls you in
Labyrinth, labyrinth
Where your heart is calling your destiny begins

Find your stepping stones reflecting in the light
As you travel on beware of fallen minds
As your journey on you are not alone
You will find the courage to lead you safely home

And though you know your future not
On the road that leads us where?
The way of love will guide you across
Leave you on the wing's despair
To find your future there

:ARG Soda Stereo-Ella uso mi cabeza como un revolver:ARG

Spanish Lyrics  

Ella usó mi cabeza

Como un revólver
                                                                                                         E incendió mi conciencia
                                                                                                         Con sus demonios
                                                                                                         Me vi llegando tarde
                                                                                                         Tarde a todo
                                                                                                          Después de un baño cerebral
                                                                                                          Estaba listo para ser amado
                                                                                                          Pasa el tiempo y ahora creo que
                                                                                                         el vacío es un lugar normal
                                                                                                         Ella usó mi cabeza
                                                                                                         Como un revólver
                                                                                                         No creerías las cosas
                                                                                                         Que he hecho por ella
                                                                                                          Cobardemente
                                                                                                          Pero sin vergüenza
                                                                                                          Era una piedra en el agua
                                                                                                          Seca por dentro
                                                                                                          Así se siente cuando la verdad
                                                                                                          Es la palabra sometida
                                                                                                          Fui tan dócil como un guante
                                                                                                          Y tan sincero como pude
                                                                                                          Ella usó mi cabeza
                                                                                                          Como un revólver
                                                                                                          No creerías las cosas
                                                                                                          Que he hecho por ella

English Lyrics

She used my head as a revolver
                                                                                                          And she burned my consciousness with her demons
                                                                                                          I saw myself running late, late to everything
                                                                                                          After a cerebral bath
                                                                                                          I was ready to be loved
                                                                                                         Time passes and I now believe
                                                                                                          That the void is a normal place

You wouldn't believe the things I've done for her
                                                                                                         Cowardly but shameless
                                                                                                         I was a stone in the water, dried inside
                                                                                                         So it feels when the truth
                                                                                                         Is the submitted word
                                                                                                         I was as docile as a glove
                                                                                                         And as sincere as I could

You wouldn't believe the things I've done for her

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

Is combining two songs in the form of remix allowed? Like both the songs were sung separately but remix was made manually and not by a singer 

Hmm, you mean like 2 different songs, combined together in one remixed version?

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

If they are both original songs by Indian artists and the remix is also by an Indian artist (not released within the last 5 years) then it meets the criteria. Does this help?

Remix wasn't made by anyone. It was just like first half was 1 song and 2nd half other song.