website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2019

Over the years, I think I did a pretty decent job of representing Lithuanian music. The best Lithuanian artists, the artists that I loved from my childhood, the variety of styles ranging from jazz, to pop, to that song that @Wanderer really liked.

Anyways, throw all of it out the window, because this year we're sending something that not many users here would expect from me.

I feel a little bit left out, every country having their selection process whilst I already decided on my song during the final of the Annual TISC without really looking for other options.

Although I chose a lot of popular artists over the years, I don't think I've ever selected a song that made said artist famous, so this is very different for me now, since this is the success story of the band Happyendless, that were topping the charts during MTVs glory days.

I introduce to you the Baltic bop back from the days when we didn't understand how English works, but it's a bop nonetheless. This will go either really bad or really great :lol:

:LTU LITHUANIA :LTU

Happyendless - Power Forever

Edit: I literally used to wake up to this every morning on MTV Baltic trying to convince myself to stay in bed and not go to school.

Edited by Werloc

One week left

From today, there is one week left of the registration period. 40 jury members from 32 nations have registered as of today. The organizing committee very much appreciate the interest the 2019 TISC Open has already received. 10 nations have already sent their songs and the organizing committee hopes all registered juries will sent a song before the deadline.

Juries who haven't sent a song yet:

:ARG @konig, @LDOG:AUS @KingOfTheRhinos, :BRA @titicow @vinipereira, :BUL @stefanbg,

:CAN @Canada4thewin, :CZE @Jan Linha:FRA @Bohemia, @Benolympique:GBR  @uk12points,

:GRE @Janakis, :IND @Fly_like_a_don, :IRL @OlympicIRL :ITA @Gianlu33@Henry_Leon@Pablita, @SteveParker,

:MLT @Glen, :MEX @mrv86, :NZL @Wanderer :NOR @Skijumpingmaster:POL  @rybak,

:POR @kungshamra71 :ESP @Cobi, :TUN @amen09, :USA @dezbee2008, @Olympian1010

Two juries have shown their interest to participate, but have yet to officially register:

:CHN @Function CR Lee:EGY @thepharoah

One jury has responded back to the organizing committee, but with an uncertainty about their participation in this edtion of TISC Open:

:SLO @justony

The organizing committee has tried to reach out to the following juries, but hasn't heard anything from them yet:

:AUT @Gigs:FIN @Finnator123:GER @catgamer:NED @heywoodu

:RUS @FC Mezhgorye:COL @Damian:CHI @Pabloffo

:TUR @Memo:URU @NaBUru38:VEN @Argenis Gonzalez

The organizing committee hopes to hear from them soon and hopefully with the interest to take part in 2019 TISC Open.

Deadline for the registration period is October 4, 18:00 (CEST)

:ESP SPANISH ENTRY :ESP

After a tough internal selection process, La Quinta Estación has been selected to represent Spain at 2019 TOISC. This group composed by Natalia Jiménez (voice), Ángel Reyero and Pablo Domínguez (guitars) started in 2000 in Madrid and published several hits until 2010, when they decided to take a break.

They will participate in Denmark with one of their most iconic songs, “El sol no regresa”. The single was published in 2004 and reached the top10 of most popular songs in Spain for several weeks.

EL SOL NO REGRESA

Lyrics

Spoiler

Hace días perdí
En alguna cantina
La mitad de mi alma
Más en quince de propina

No es que sea el alcohol
La mejor medicina
Pero ayuda a olvidar
Cuando no ves la salida

Hoy te intento contar