website statistics

Men's American Football NFL 2019

Gianlu33

12 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

So who here an NFL Fan? I would love to keep this thread very active during the season since its really the only thing I watch outside of Olympic sports.  

Who are your teams?

I’m a Lions fan, but I really don’t follow the season much. Professional sports don’t do it for me. Given the choice between the NFL and the SEA Games and Winter YOG this year, I’ll be choosing the later.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I don’t know what it is, but nothing upsets me more than kids play this sport. I think it’s mostly because like racing and baseball, it teaches values I don’t agree with. I used to love racing, American Football, baseball; but now I just despise them. I know this is an odd post, but I got fired up watching some insta stories. I just can’t believe the things people get away with in these sports.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I'm a Raiders fan mainly because the only Polish player in the league was a part of that team for like 17 years :p

This place is like the last place I'd expect to find a Chargers fan! They play like 16 away games and I bet they'll be second-tier in Inglewood too :raspberry: 

Good luck though, I actually hate Broncos the most. And Giants too. Can't stand the NY hoopla featuring god damn Giants & Knicks.

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm a Raiders fan mainly because the only Polish player in the league was a part of that team for like 17 years :p

This place is like the last place I'd expect to find a Chargers fan! They play like 16 away games and I bet they'll be second-tier in Inglewood too :raspberry: 

Good luck though, I actually hate Broncos the most. And Giants too. Can't stand the NY hoopla featuring god damn Giants & Knicks.

I'm from l.a.  so been a fan for 15 years since the drew brees years.   And don't believe the media.  I've been to all home games.  There are plenty of chargers fans.  It just doesnt show because it's a soccer stadium.   There will be a big turnout next season.  You'll see

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I'm from l.a.  so been a fan for 15 years since the drew brees years.   And don't believe the media.  I've been to all home games.  There are plenty of chargers fans.  It just doesnt show because it's a soccer stadium.   There will be a big turnout next season.  You'll see

L.A. is still Raiders town? I bet USC is more popular than Chargers there :lol: It looks quite bad on TV at the Stubhub tbh. You're gonna play those hideous light blue outfits this season again? 

If Rams have more success then it's gonna be tough for the Chargers esp. with Rivers in his twilight years.

58 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I hate that your team has a better Super Bowl record than mine.

54 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I hate that your team has a better Super Bowl record than mine.

95% of the league has a better SB record than the Lions :coffee: Not gonna play Daisy Downer but I think the Texans will reach SB sooner than those Lions. And who knows what happens with the Browns within the next 3-4 years? Tom Brady ain't gonna block the AFC path forever  :evil: 

Btw, I see the Tigers have even a worse record than the Orioles this season? Back to the basement for those guys again? :rolleyes:

Just now, Monzanator said:

95% of the league has a better SB record than the Lions :coffee: Not gonna play Daisy Downer but I think the Texans will reach SB sooner than those Lions. And who knows what happens with the Browns within the next 3-4 years? Tom Brady ain't gonna block the AFC path forever  :evil: 

Btw, I see the Tigers have even a worse record than the Orioles this season? Back to the basement for those guys again? :rolleyes:

I’m not a Tigers fan, so you’d have to ask @bmo about that. When it comes to baseball, I only watch the post-season and I support the Pirates.

4 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

So who here an NFL Fan? I would love to keep this thread very active during the season since its really the only thing I watch outside of Olympic sports.  

Who are your teams?

My team is New Orleans Saints. I started watching NFL back in 2004 and I decided to pick a team who had a so-so record from 2003. I saw Saints had a 8-8 record for 2003, so I chose them. It was mainly because New Orleans Saints sounded like a cool name. :p Katrina then happened in 2005, which made me see how much football meant for this city, so my support grew. Since I have enjoyed seeing Payton and Brees create magic on offense and the highlight was of course the SB victory in the 2009 season. 

To be honest I do prefer teams with a great defense, which Saints usually don't have, so I also mini-support Chicago Bears, Baltimore Ravens. Bears is based on clips I have seen of their defense from 80's. With Ravens it is one person, Ray Lewis. 

7 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Who are your teams?

UCLA Bruins in the NCAA and the Raiders in the NFL (I'm basically an L.A. fan in all US sports*...the only exception being nowadays the Raiders, but I started to support them when I saw my first AF game...and it was the 1983 Superbowl, with Jim Plunckett and Marcus Allen being the heroes of that team, at that time also based in L.A.)...

*because my first Summer Olympics were the 1984 L.A. Games and because of "Baywatch" (which here in Italy had such a great success quite a few years ago...it was really a cult show when I was a teenager :yikes::lol:)...