website statistics

Men's American Football NFL 2019

Gianlu33

36 minutes ago, Pifta said:

- There is no promotion and relegation, even if a team loses all their matches, they are still there next season.

This an unfortunately realistic and incredibly painful reality for Lions fans :(:p

There’s no other American Football leagues besides the NFL by the way, so relegation wouldn’t work. I’ve always though it’d be fun to see the NFL winner play the CFL winner. 

No, American sports have relegation or promotion systems. Any current team (even the shits ones) could outspend any team that was created at a lower tier. This isn’t the Bundesliga. 

I hate American Football and agree with some of your critiques, but you won’t find me praising Handball or Football either. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

59 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

By Vince McMahon. Well if that doesn't sound like something I'm going to ignore hard, I don't know what does.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Pifta said:

- There is no promotion and relegation, even if a team loses all their matches, they are still there next season. Therefore, smaller teams have no chance to play in NFL.

No american sports include promotion/relegation, even soccer , you pay, you play. Simple as that. The lower league are developmental leagues where players go to learn the game better after colleges (not in football, but nbdl in basketball , though i think the name was changed, or AA/AAA in baseball)

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

No american sports include promotion/relegation, even soccer , you pay, you play. Simple as that. The lower league are developmental leagues where players go to learn the game better after colleges (not in football, but nbdl in basketball , though i think the name was changed, or AA/AAA in baseball)

I know, but it's still wrong. If you win the second tier, like AA in baseball, you still stick there. If you win Bundesliga 2, like someone said, you are promoted. That's much better.

2 minutes ago, Pifta said:

I know, but it's still wrong. If you win the second tier, like AA in baseball, you still stick there. If you win Bundesliga 2, like someone said, you are promoted. That's much better.

It's Debatable, Promotions/Relegations will never ever work in america, our sport culture is just so different for better or for worse. Especially that all sports have salary cap so all teams have an even playing field financially (no discrepancy like barcelona/real spending)

4 hours ago, Pifta said:

Why I am not a fan of this HANDEGG (becuase in football, you kick a ball with your foot):

- They run 5 yards (how many meters? Stop using retarded units!) then they stop and talk for 20 minutes. BORING.

- So boring that the half-time show is more exciting for many.

- The commentators are like: "Oh, he managed to catch the ball! Incredible!!!" Let me tell you about the sport HANDBALL, where you are expected to catch the ball, you are a weak player if you don't.

- There is no promotion and relegation, even if a team loses all their matches, they are still there next season. Therefore, smaller teams have no chance to play in NFL.

- They act and celebrate like they are the best team in the world. No, only in the USA. Call me if you managed to win the champions league. There is no International competition at all.

That good old Handegg comment never stops being funny (you are aware that it was named for the size, right?). And BTW there is some kicking as well ;)

1. You are aware that the US is one of those very few countries who for some reason feels that the imperial system is the right one, right? That's not so much about the sport. Sure it would be nice if they went by meters, but as it is, it would be just as stupid if commentators felt like saying that they run 4,72 meters.

2. Boring? Well, that's a matter of taste, so fair enough.

3. Being a former handball player (not any high level) I would say that this comparison doesn't really work that well. It's an entirely different thing and there are some absolutely magnificent catches that I don't see a handball player making (well, maybe with some training they could, but it's an entirely different thing to catch a football at the speed and distance, very often after an all-out sprint).

4. A general thing about American sports. It has its pros and cons, but once again. That's USA, not the sport.

5. They are the best team in the world. It is in general a pretty secondary sport on a world basis (though the growing NFL fan base also means more teams and players worldwide). 

It's always a matter of taste. No doubt it's made a whole lot bigger than it actually is (nowhere near the biggest annual sporting event worldwide), but it matters to a lot in USA and more and more people (I believe) around the globe.

16 minutes ago, Agger said:

That good old Handegg comment never stops being funny (you are aware that it was named for the size, right?). And BTW there is some kicking as well ;)

1. You are aware that the US is one of those very few countries who for some reason feels that the imperial system is the right one, right? That's not so much about the sport. Sure it would be nice if they went by meters, but as it is, it would be just as stupid if commentators felt like saying that they run 4,72 meters.

2. Boring? Well, that's a matter of taste, so fair enough.

3. Being a former handball player (not any high level) I would say that this comparison doesn't really work that well. It's an entirely different thing and there are some absolutely magnificent catches that I don't see a handball player making (well, maybe with some training they could, but it's an entirely different thing to catch a football at the speed and distance, very often after an all-out sprint).

4. A general thing about American sports. It has its pros and cons, but once again. That's USA, not the sport.

5. They are the best team in the world. It is in general a pretty secondary sport on a world basis (though the growing NFL fan base also means more teams and players worldwide). 

It's always a matter of taste. No doubt it's made a whole lot bigger than it actually is (nowhere near the biggest annual sporting event worldwide), but it matters to a lot in USA and more and more people (I believe) around the globe.

Now I'm rather curious which annual sport event(s) is/are that much bigger :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

The Champions League final has about double the viewers worldwide ;)

Right, I forgot about the CL final :d 

Way more viewers and decent numbers in way, way more countries I presume. In terms of spectators it can't get close to the Indy 500 (and many other races) but that's not entirely a fair comparison given the fact a race track generally can hold more people than a normal stadium :p 

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Right, I forgot about the CL final :d 

Way more viewers and decent numbers in way, way more countries I presume. In terms of spectators it can't get close to the Indy 500 (and many other races) but that's not entirely a fair comparison given the fact a race track generally can hold more people than a normal stadium :p 

Don't know how much of a difference in countries anymore. I believe the Super Bowl has viewers in close to 200 countries (5 years old info says available in 180 countries).

But there are of course plenty of factors  to compare. Just looked at viewer numbers as it's really the easiest one.