website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2020

heywoodu

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

Well, I believe it's a bit of a half-assed decision, in my opinion. 

They could have tried to postpone it to the start of June and that would have given enough time to prepare for a more valid solution. 

Now it is fucking limbo. Are the songs that are selected going to be re-selected for next year?

I will not have a chance to participate the following year because there won't be any national selections? (already have a song written)

I strongly believe this could have been avoided, because this whole thing is probably going to blow over way faster than everyone is expecting and not leak into Summer. 

They can't just postpone Eurovision, this isn't a sport event. Many acts probably already have some other gigs booked for the summer and fall. 

Edited by Vektor

2 hours ago, Vektor said:

They can't just postpone Eurovision, this isn't a sport event. Many acts probably already have some other gigs booked for the summer and fall. 

From the artists' perspective, I can say that at this moment they wouldn't have had other gigs booked, because with all the cancellations of Spring, all of the concerts are moving forward from three to six/seven weeks at least and it's a huge management battle between each other who will get which dates for their artists.

I had a tour moved to Autumn already and every other gig is shuffling around as well with only July and August dates that are staying in place at the moment. 

I think the first week or at the worst the second week of June would have probably been enough in being able to host Eurovision and hopefully I won't be proven wrong :p

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm more sad that more than 100 years in a row with the Ronde van Vlaanderen are now gone :p 

They raced during WW2? :yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

They raced during WW2? :yikes:

Yep, they only didn't during WW1. The course was altered during WW2, when they couldn't really use the part along the coast anymore.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is time to appreciate primary cause of contest.

As I recall, it is still called Eurovision Song Contest, so now should be real chance to get back to its main priority. I agree it would be horrible, having no show, but songs have to be important. 

So, is our TISC also in danger? ?

19 minutes ago, justony said:

This is time to appreciate primary cause of contest.

As I recall, it is still called Eurovision Song Contest, so now should be real chance to get back to its main priority. I agree it would be horrible, having no show, but songs have to be important. 

So, is our TISC also in danger? ?

Purely virtual contests are not in danger, TISC is like sim racing in motorsports right now: it's hot :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Still, I am surprised they cancelled and not postponed, it's unfair to the artists. Junior Eurovision is still supposed to take place in November, is there any reason why the normal edition couldn't happen around that time, other than "It has always been in may"? :mumble:

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

2 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Still, I am surprised they cancelled and not postponed, it's unfair to the artists. Junior Eurovision is still supposed to take place in November, is there any reason why the normal edition couldn't happen around that time, other than "It has always been in may"? :mumble:

Yes, the winning country has no time at all to prepare for the 2021 contest then with venue booking and all that good organising stuff. It would be a never-ending cycle of postponement. 

hace 21 minutos, Werloc dijo:

Yes, the winning country has no time at all to prepare for the 2021 contest then with venue booking and all that good organising stuff. It would be a never-ending cycle of postponement. 

Just the decide the host in advance. The winner of this edition will have to resign their right for this time.