website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

12 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Why? lol

Your government seems to think it does :p (You were supposed to answer “No. Why?)

They built multiple new venues for the Asian Games. Now they want to build a new capital, and then build all new venues for the 2032 Olympics.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Your government seems to think it does :p (You were supposed to answer “No. Why?)

They built multiple new venues for the Asian Games. Now they want to build a new capital, and then build all new venues for the 2032 Olympics.

Don't worry we can ask for aid from Belt and Road Initiative ;)

Probably not what the IOC wanted to hear. I’d be surprised to see zero protests in the Tokyo this year. Protesting in Japan is dangerous though. Japan’s not a free as people think it is.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Best argument I’ve seen against the IOC athlete guidelines (published by Coventry (who many athletes already saw as a traitor before this)):

IOC also confirmed the Sapporo, Salt Lake, and Barcelona are interested in the 2030 Winter Olympics. Looks like it’s time for the Mormons to break out the checkbook again...

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

IOC also confirmed the Sapporo, Salt Lake, and Barcelona are interested in the 2030 Winter Olympics. Looks like it’s time for the Mormons to break out the checkbook again...

I think SLC (or maybe USOC?) tends to prefer 2034? So most likely it's gonna be Sapporo 2030 and SLC 2034 unless we have a better contender (Almaty's revival for example)

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Best argument I’ve seen against the IOC athlete guidelines (published by Coventry (who many athletes already saw as a traitor before this)):

Deciding what is and isn’t a political statement is itself a political statement.