website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2032 Bid Process

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

There was a multi-city project in Germany interested. I wonder if they are still considering it. I am sure Shanghai will throw its name into the hat if no other bids come up. I'd imagine Australia is the clear favourite at this point.

Secretly, hoping Toronto throws its name into the hat, but it ain't going to happen.

Remember our plan for 2020 friend? We could win with that:champion:

45 minutes ago, intoronto said:

That's if anyone bids for 2030 lol. Though I'd imagine Sapporo or the USA will get it. 

Salt Lake is the odds on favorite.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

45 minutes ago, ofan said:

That's dependent on if snow exists by 2030

Sadly true tbh

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, ofan said:

Why would it be awarded next year? It should be awarded in 2025 at the latest. There's still an entire Winter Olympics in 2030 to figure out

Look how Los Angeles 2028 was awarded. The city/project will have more time to prepare and hopefully more time means less money. As Agenda 2020 says - they wanna award the Olympics to the best bidder without letting other bidders to spend enormous money just on the bid. 

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

There was a multi-city project in Germany interested. I wonder if they are still considering it. I am sure Shanghai will throw its name into the hat if no other bids come up. I'd imagine Australia is the clear favourite at this point.

Secretly, hoping Toronto throws its name into the hat, but it ain't going to happen.

I highly doubt Shanghai. Of course, people in here have a lot of money. But if I consider Beijing 2008, Beijing 2022 .... Low possibility. I favorize Australia or strong bidder might be Indonesia. 

One of the main projects of the new mayor of Madrid is to bid for 2032 Olympics, but after the 3 deceptions in a row, most of the people here is against that idea.

Furthermore, Barcelona is studying to bid for 2030 Winter Olympics, but I'm not sure if the canfidature will be presented due to political differences. Furthermore, if Barcelona bids for 2030, it would not make sense for Madrid to apply for 2032.

Edited by Cobi

Just now, Cobi said:

One of the main projects of the new mayor of Madrid is to bid for 2032 Olympics, but after the 3 deceptions in a row, most of the people here is against that idea.

Furthermore, Barcelona is studying to bid for 2030 Winter Olympics, but I'm not sure if the canfidature will be presented due to political differences. Furthermore, if Barcelona bids for 2030, it would not make sense for Madrid to apply for 2032.

Well Salt Lake is applying for 2030 so...

Fun Fact: LA would have realistically hosted both the 1932 Summer and Winter Olympics if the mountains around a 20 minute drive from my house had enough snow that year. We actually had the largest ski jumping hill back then. That mountain range has had very good winters as of late. It would be fun to see LA host the Winter Olympics. We have the money, and most of the venues.

From Europe I would consider Madrid ?? as one of favorites (if they bid). German cities ?? bid would be rejected almost sure in a referendum (Germans consider highly important the cost). Saint Petersburg ?? had plan to bid in 2028-2036 period but doping problem has actually "burnt" their chances. 

Considering that because of 2026 winter Olympics hosting Italy ?? will not present a bid with Rome then Madrid could come up as sole candidate from European cities. 

From Asia pacific I also see a bid only from Australia ?? but I would like them to bid with Melbourne not Brisbane. 

18 hours ago, intoronto said:

There was a multi-city project in Germany interested.

As far as I know, the project still stands for 2032, read an article about it several weeks ago. It's the region "Rhine-Ruhr" which includes Cologne, Dusseldorf, Dortmund and several other (relatively) big cities.