website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Personally, if it was me choosing, I’d want Santiago as the host for the 2036 Olympics. They did a really great job at hosting the Pan Am Games this year. Other than that, Seoul/Budapest/Nusantara would probably be my next three choices. I do think it will probably go to a European nation though, three non-European Olympics in a row sounds unlikely, although it certainly is possible. Regarding India, I don’t think they’re ready to host the Olympics yet (but that doesn’t mean they won’t be ready in 2040/2044)

Actually the frequency of statements by various Indian leaders saying India to host 2036 Olympics has been growing. Most recently it was made by Mukesh Ambani, richest man in India and 15th in the world, during Vibrant Gujarat summit 2024. Vibrant Gujarat is a summit to attract investments in the Indian state of Gujarat and heads of state of 4 countries attended- Czechia, Mozambique, Timor Leste, UAE. 

India is pitching for Ahmedabad to be host city which 5th largest city in India and largest city in Gujarat.

To note Mukesh Ambani is husband of Nita Ambani who is IOC member. During IOC session in Mumbai last year, Thomas Bach had met the couple.

https://youtu.be/sXDy5zf_vxM?si=f8cFtA5rWddwK2O_

On 9/30/2023 at 7:04 PM, Federer91 said:

Oh please, don't act as offended. Per capita data is useless, only total number of emissions are what matter in the big picture. Everyone knows what the air looks like in India. It's like night and day if you compare it to Bulgaria, or Europe as a whole.

Sure, taking measures for 2 billion people is a very hard task, but i haven't seen any instances or talks of the Indian Government trying to tackle the carbon footprint and the huge number of emissions going to the atmosphere. 

I actually like India, in contrast to what you may believe. But i don't think, as a country you are ready to host the Olympics currently. If there is a plan for the next 10 years to change the course and make steps for a more clean future, then 2040-44 is a great opportunity.

While various world leaders just make boastful statements during COP summits, India actually delivers. India has overachieved its commitment made at COP 21- Paris Summit by already meeting 40% of its power capacity from non-fossil fuels- almost nine years ahead of its commitment and the share of solar and wind in India’s energy mix have grown phenomenally.

India is heading the Solar Alliance whose primary objective of the alliance is to work for the efficient consumption of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.

While the world is struggling with costly EVs, most tuktuks in India are already electric or on CNG which are affordable, easy to maintain and long lasting.

I understand many here have long lasting biases of India being a Third- World nation but its developing fast

20 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

I really want Budapest to win. Korea might have the money but I don't think the people are really interested with the Games.

Nusantara is just an ambitious project in the middle of jungle and participation of Israel will be a thorn in the flesh.

By no means do I think Nusantara 2036 will actually happen :p though it would be pretty cool to see an event of that caliber in Indonesia (You had the Asian Games in 2018, but it obviously isn’t as big as an Olympics)

I’m curious though, what are your thoughts on Santiago hosting?

2 hours ago, Josh said:

By no means do I think Nusantara 2036 will actually happen :p though it would be pretty cool to see an event of that caliber in Indonesia (You had the Asian Games in 2018, but it obviously isn’t as big as an Olympics)

I’m curious though, what are your thoughts on Santiago hosting?

Santiago Pan Am venues are almost the same level as Jakarta in term of capacity. So I think they need to have an array of bigger venues, the same problem with Indonesia in general.

9 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

France supports India's intention to host Olympics. India wants to host 2036 Olympics and 2030 Youth Olympics 

I think an Indian Olympics is inevitable, but I don't think it'll be 2036. It seems obvious to me that Bach et all will want 'virgin territory' for legacy purposes, and deep pockets for financial ones. I also would not be surpised if he wants the Games to return to Russia a some sort of symbolic 'welcome back' though that seems a way off, thankfully. I'd say prepare for Games in India, Saudi and either Egypt or South Africa before 2060. 2036 could be Budapest.