website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

Just now, phelps said:

it would be a nonsense...

the only Italian city that can host the Summer Games is Rome...

actually, under a strictly technical point of view Milan is also capable of that, but it would need a lot of investments and frankly, it's too small...

I guess we should be happy with the 2026 winter games and be realistic on anything else...

I’m really hoping for LA 2028 and then Salt Lake 2030. Both are within driving distance, and absolutely love both cities.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I’m really hoping for LA 2028 and then Salt Lake 2030. Both are within driving distance, and absolutely love both cities.

Well l.a is official obviously.   (Yaaaay, who's coming and wants to stay over?)     And if salt lake is putting themselves on the ballot I believe they will win easily 

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Well l.a is official obviously.   (Yaaaay, who's coming and wants to stay over?)

I am! I have my accommodations though

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

You planning to move further south? Its gonna be tough for you to drive down daily from where you are.  Also for me. only 3 events in the SFV unfortunately.  Gonna spend a while commuting to santa monica. Downtown or long beach 

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

You planning to move further south? Its gonna be tough for you to drive down daily from where you are.  Also for me. only 3 events in the SFV unfortunately.  Gonna spend a while commuting to santa monica. Downtown or long beach 

I’ll drive down or stay with my grandpa in Orange. Depends what events I get as volunteer.

7 hours ago, phelps said:

it would be a nonsense...

the only Italian city that can host the Summer Games is Rome...

actually, under a strictly technical point of view Milan is also capable of that, but it would need a lot of investments and frankly, it's too small...

I guess we should be happy with the 2026 winter games and be realistic on anything else...

You and I have already hashed out my feelings about Italy getting the 2026 Winter Games. Please don't tell me you guys are now asking for another one six years later... :d 

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ll drive down or stay with my grandpa in Orange. Depends what events I get as volunteer.

You know, it's 9 years from now, things might be considerably different in terms of who lives where, I wouldn't have my plans totally ready yet :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

You know, it's 9 years from now, things might be considerably different in terms of who lives where, I wouldn't have my plans totally ready yet :p 

Well hopefully I inherit in very expensive property then :p. I have enough connections, I’m not worried.

16 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I started pushing my kids to sports.  Maybe they can be part of it! Lol

Youth sports are fucking insane in the US. It’s all done wrong, but good luck anyways.