website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

• 3 months later...

It looks that the Italian WinterSports Federation and the Italian National Olympic Committee officially asked the IOC to include Natural Track Luge (3 more events, men and women's Singles and open Doubles...most likely, no Team event) in the 2026 Olympic Games schedule...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

It looks that the Italian WinterSports Federation and the Italian National Olympic Committee officially asked the IOC to include Natural Track Luge (3 more events, men and women's Singles and open Doubles...most likely, no Team event) in the 2026 Olympic Games schedule...

Really it deserves a place at this point. Rumor has it that they’ll look to add Ski Mountaineering as well. They have pretty good arguments for its inclusion as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Isn't like Italy the place where natural track luge is the most popular?

From my understanding, yes...

It’s also popular in Russia, Ukraine, and Romania. New Zeland has some depth as well. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Isn't like Italy the place where natural track luge is the most popular?

Yeah, if you see a German name (either as name of an athlete or of a competition venue) you can pretty much bet your ass it's in Italy :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

From my understanding, yes...

It’s also popular in Russia, Ukraine, and Romania. New Zeland has some depth as well. 

Damian Waniczek & Andrzej Laszczak from Poland won the World Cup standings in 2002 and also won four World Championship medals during their career. They had 10 World Cup wins in the doubles as well. That was the high-water mark in Polish luge for sure, sadly it came at natural tracks which nobody cares about.

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, if you see a German name (either as name of an athlete or of a competition venue) you can pretty much bet your ass it's in Italy :p 

99% of Italians competing in winter sports come from Sud Tirol and have a German heritage. I wasn't born yesterday, you know :p

Isn't it usually live streamed on Facebook or something? That's such a shitty platform for live streams, it should be on the video.fil-luge.org platform or YouTube.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Monzanator said:

99% of Italians competing in winter sports come from Sud Tirol and have a German heritage. I wasn't born yesterday, you know :p

I am very much aware, I think I saw your name on a list of supercentenarians a while ago :p