website statistics

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, heywoodu said:

Wasn't Iran one of the countries affected the other time? Like I said, I am dead-sure UK-hosted events had this problem before, including pretty recently, and now that you posted here I am suddenly almost sure Iran was the/a victim there. Taekwondo maybe?

Yes that’s right! I forgot about that scandal. Shame on :GBR

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

52 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wasn't Iran one of the countries affected the other time? Like I said, I am dead-sure UK-hosted events had this problem before, including pretty recently, and now that you posted here I am suddenly almost sure Iran was the/a victim there. Taekwondo maybe?

yes, it was Iran that was forced to leave some of their medal candidates home when Manchester hosted the World Taekwondo Championships last Spring...

By the way, nothing confirmed yet about this thing being caused by visa problems, but one can logically guess there's a pretty big chance of it, there were definitely more Africans supposed to participate than only the South Africans..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, bestmen said:

NED in Gold :yikes:,in NED  everyone has atleast 3  bicycle each year  in different colors since their birthday they say 

here wandering on bicycle is nearly shameful for adults   , that means you are poor you cant buy one car :lol:

Here mostly lazy idiots go by car if they need to go somewhere that's close :p Parking the bike is much easier and also, free :cheer: 

I only have one bike, like most people, by the way :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Edit: never mind, this can be deleted :p 

Edited by heywoodu

Just now, bestmen said:

I have one friend living in NED , he told me that he bought one for 10€ :lol:

Possible, although that's most likely what is generally referred to as a 'station bike': an old, kinda broken bike one places at the train station when going to work (since bikes often get stolen there, so people usually use a cheap one) :p