website statistics

Beach Volleyball FIVB Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2019

Totallympics

Top-2 of each tournament qualifies, correct?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minuten geleden, heywoodu zei:

Top-2 of each tournament qualifies, correct?

Yes!

After today's first phase-matches 4 teams of each gender are ready. Only the best 12 are going to the second phase (tomorrow).

Both Dutch teams are through :NED 

Biggest upset in my opinion: Ehlers/Fluggen :GER and Ahmed/Cherif :QAT are out. 

Just now, CCB said:

Yes!

After today's first phase-matches 4 teams of each gender are ready. Only the best 12 are going to the second phase (tomorrow).

Both Dutch teams are through :NED 

Biggest upset in my opinion: Ehlers/Fluggen :GER and Ahmed/Cherif :QAT are out. 

I'm surprised there's apparently not some extra criteria they need to fulfill. You know, winning the world title without losing a set or something.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Zojuist, heywoodu zei:

I'm surprised there's apparently not some extra criteria they need to fulfill. You know, winning the world title without losing a set or something.

Hahahaha, oh yes there are!! Dutch women must end up once in the top 5 at a 4**** or 5*****-FIVB-tournament. For me it's a mystery why the men doesn't have this criteria.

Dutch NOC*NSF :lol:

Just now, CCB said:

Hahahaha, oh yes there are!! Dutch women must end up once in the top 5 at a 4**** or 5*****-FIVB-tournament. For me it's a mystery why the men doesn't have this criteria.

Dutch NOC*NSF :lol:

I wish there was a 'facepalm reaction button' on Totallympics :p 

Women's Tournament

Pairs qualified to the Second Phase

:CZE Hermannova / Slukova

:CHN Wang / Xia

:AUT Schützenhöfer/Plesiutschnig

:ITA Menegatti / Orsi-Toth

:ESP Liliana / Elsa

:BRA Angela / Carol Horta

:GER Ittlinger / Laboureur

:SUI Heidrich / Vergè-Deprè

:LAT Graudina / Kravcenoka

:NED Keizer / Meppelink

:FIN Lahti / Parkkinen

:POL Wojtasik / Kociolek

Men's Tournament

Pairs qualified to the Second Phase

:SUI Gerson / Heidrich

:ITA Nicolai / Lupo

:BRA Andre / George

:ESP Herrera / Gavira

:NOR Berntsen / Mol

:AUT Seidl / Waller

:RUS Semenov / Leshukov

:LAT Plavins / Tocs

:NED Brouwer / Meeuwsen

:CZE Perusic / Schweiner

:CHI Grimalt / Grimalt

:POL Kantor / Losiak

Four groups of three pairs now, with one pair in each group missing out on quarterfinals or something?

Just now, heywoodu said:

Four groups of three pairs now, with one pair in each group missing out on quarterfinals or something?

the top 2 of each group of 3 will go through to round 3, which is another group stage, with 2 groups of 4 (then the top 2 will advance to the semifinals)...