website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2019

hckošice

Talakhadze's 484kg total record is the best total ever. by far. he can consider himself as one of the best weightlifters ever :bowdown:

what a terrible day for Davoudi. he just lifted 445kg 3 weeks ago in Tehran. today was the worst day of his career :facepalm:

the interesting point is, those Armenian guys most provably won't participate at the Olympics. (Armenia has 1 quota and they will use it for 109kg) Talakhadze already has gold medal in his pocket but we will have some lucky weightlifters winning silver and bronze with low records.

Checking some results, +109kg will be extremely easy for the Olympics. Talakhadze already has the gold but we will have lucky medalists in this weight.

let's check the medalists in past few years

2019: :GEO 484 :ARM 460 :ARM 437 :BLR 432 :ALG 431 :SYR 430

2018: :GEO 474 :ARM 450 :UZB 447 :BRA 436 :RUS 432 :EST 427

2017: :GEO 477 :IRI 454 :IRI 454 :UZB 447 :EST 444 :BRA 440

and in Euro

2019: :GEO 478 :GEO 447 :ARM 440 :BLR 423 :ARM 422 :CZE 418

2018: :GEO 457 :CZE 417 :HUN 416 :GEO 415 :CZE 407 :SRB 380

and in Asia

2019: :IRI 432 :TPE 422 :TKM 421 :KOR 418 :SYR 410 :KAZ 400

2018: :IRI 461 :IRI 456 :UZB 455 :TKM 425 :PAK 405

Best Results in all competitions removing disqualified and ineligible weightlifters (also removing Talakhadze)

2019: :IRI 432 :ALG 431 :SYR 430 :TPE 425 :BRA 424 :TKM 422

those in red are disqualified, retired or can't participate (99%) because of the quota limitations.

Mart Seim of Estonia is very poor recently. and those 2 Iranian weightlifters with big results in 2018 are both retired (even though one of them just changed his mind but it seems late) and this new young Iranian weightlifter is very inconsistent even though he lifted 445kg in Iran 2 weeks before the Worlds.

bottom line: there is a VERY good chance for Algeria, Brazil, Turkmenistan, Syria or Chinese Taipei to win a super heavy weight medal in weightlifting :d winning an Olympic medal with something like 430kg !!! :yikes::lol:

Edited by MHSN

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

bottom line: there is a VERY good chance for Algeria, Brazil, Turkmenistan, Syria or Chinese Taipei to win a super heavy weight medal in weightlifting :d winning an Olympic medal with something like 430kg !!! :yikes::lol:

Berdy should have his best horses ready to award that medalist!

• 1 month later...

Damn, just finished watching now so also here I'm late to the party, but I'd like to nominate that insane 264kg as one of the moments of 2019 in sports :bowdown: 

So happy I managed to avoid spoilers all the way to now :hyper:

Well, I hope he does as expected in Tokyo and confirms the gold with his 1st attempt in CJ, so then he can go for 267kg and the all-time record :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, I hope he does as expected in Tokyo and confirms the gold with his 1st attempt in CJ, so then he can go for 267kg and the all-time record :d 

I'm 100% sure he will confirm the gold in his 1st attempt. probably before that , before even waking up the competition day :d as I explained above, none of medalists in past few years will compete in Tokyo to even giggle him.

but watching him is no fun. he is very predictable. he never misses ! :d

Edited by MHSN

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I'm 100% sure he will confirm the gold in his 1st attempt. probably before that , before even waking up the competition day :d as I explained above, none of medalists in past few years will compete in Tokyo to even giggle him.

Personally I'd always wait with actually filling in his name as gold medalist until he officially is :p You know, so many times in the history of sports we've seen a '100% sure winner' suddenly get injured during a competition, fall (not really applicable to weightlifting of course), or have some other sort of problem, but yeah, without something like that he definitely won't be beaten :d 

It's not as exciting, I agree, but on the other hand...seeing someone snatch 220kg with ease (I wouldn't be surprised if he could do 230kg) and then CJ 264kg...that's insane :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

Will definitely  Block the time to watch him.....  Unless it clashes with one of our top shooting events ?

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

My first thought when I saw the title of this thread again several weeks after the competition ended was: Okay, how many dopers have been caught now? Maybe three, five? 

:lol:

Edited by thiago_simoes