website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2019

hckošice

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

i just knew that we registered 7 athletes i think Ihab and Sara are included in Mediterranean Cup in San Marino which will take part from 3-6 October 

But it might not be possible to participate in it if the suspension is not overthrown or frozen 

Just now, Shravan Kumar said:

But it might not be possible to participate in it if the suspension is not overthrown or frozen 

that's correct , btw Mohamed ehab is really convinced that he's only to participate in 2 more tournaments in the next 6 months , but he also told me that they can't participate in any tournament until the ban is ended which can only be done through CAS 

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

that's correct , btw Mohamed ehab is really convinced that he's only to participate in 2 more tournaments in the next 6 months , but he also told me that they can't participate in any tournament until the ban is ended which can only be done through CAS 

he is wrong. you can check the IWF website yourself. he is listed for 3 events all 3 of them in the 1st window. you need 6 in general but at least 1 in each window. he needs 3 more. at least 1 in each remaining window plus one more.

unless he had been participated in another event and IWF is not updated yet , and as I showed you one example. IWF website is not 100% accurate about the Olympic Qualification events. for example maybe All-African Games is counted ?! :dunno:

Edited by MHSN

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wait what? You mean a national federation has to pay a fine when an athlete is caught or do they need to pay extra for them to participate after their ban or something?

Of course they pay, our federation has donated millions to the IWF. :d 

49 minutes ago, MHSN said:

he is wrong. you can check the IWF website yourself. he is listed for 3 events all 3 of them in the 1st window. you need 6 in general but at least 1 in each window. he needs 3 more. at least 1 in each remaining window plus one more.

unless he had been participated in another event and IWF is not updated yet , and as I showed you one example. IWF website is not 100% accurate about the Olympic Qualification events. for example maybe All-African Games is counted ?! :dunno:

he told me African games is counted , not really sure but overall i think this's not the main problem now , we're waiting what will happen after 3 weeks will IWF raise the ban or will it confirm it for the Olympics , not really optimistic about their decision btw , btw but it'd very much weird if Egypt is banned while Russia , Kazakhstan and North Korea will take part let's see 

Just now, thepharoah said:

he told me African games is counted , not really sure but overall i think this's not the main problem now , we're waiting what will happen after 3 weeks will IWF raise the ban or will it confirm it for the Olympics , not really optimistic about their decision btw , btw but it'd very much weird if Egypt is banned while Russia , Kazakhstan and North Korea will take part let's see 

:(:( that's really sad

but if African Games is counted (which makes sense) at least you have more time to find a solution. something like 6-7 months.