website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2019

hckošice

8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1084824/egyptian-weightlifting-federation-banned?fbclid=IwAR2vqSLUSmOBWoE3Z-17gGlTyTMPyuPDN10oS5hejISPDrfnHFkCMV20NZY

the worst scenario now is the that Egyptian federation would be even banned from participating in the Olympics 

oh that's terrible. :(

and beside that. your athletes "need" to participate in an IWF-sanctioned event in this 6-month period. if they don't , they can't participate at the Olympics no matter what. suspension or not.

Just now, MHSN said:

oh that's terrible. :(

and beside that. your athletes "need" to participate in an IWF-sanctioned event in this 6-month period. if they don't , they can't participate at the Olympics no matter what. suspension or not.

no problem about this , they already participated in many events within this year , the problem now is that IWF could ban our federation from participating in the Olympics , it'd be total disaster for our sport and our athletes 

Just now, thepharoah said:

no problem about this , they already participated in many events within this year , the problem now is that IWF could ban our federation from participating in the Olympics , it'd be total disaster for our sport and our athletes 

Are u sure about that ? because I think you are wrong

the 2nd window is from 1 May to 31 October 2019. there are/were only limited number of IWF-santioned events in this period of time. I took a quick look and didn't see any Egyptian weightlifter in those events.

only these events are held and will be held in that period of time, per IWF calendar

June

IWF Junior World Championships

British International Open

Pan-American Junior Championships

July

Oceania Senior & Junior Championships

August

Cup of the Blue Swords (Germany)

September

African Junior Championships

IWF World Championships

October

San Diego International Open

12th Mediterranean Cup

Nordic Senior Championships

European Junior Championships

European U23 Championships

Asian Junior Championships

Asian Youth Championships

49th "Challenge 210" (Switzerland)

I don't have the result of that August event in Germany but I think your athletes didn't participate in other events so far. (no idea about the African Junior but that's not good enough for Mohamed Ihab for example)

Just now, MHSN said:

Are u sure about that ? because I think you are wrong

the 2nd window is from 1 May to 31 October 2019. there are/were only limited number of IWF-santioned events in this period of time. I took a quick look and didn't see any Egyptian weightlifter in those events.

only these events are held and will be held in that period of time, per IWF calendar

June

IWF Junior World Championships

British International Open

Pan-American Junior Championships

July

Oceania Senior & Junior Championships

August

Cup of the Blue Swords (Germany)

September

African Junior Championships

IWF World Championships

October

San Diego International Open

12th Mediterranean Cup

Nordic Senior Championships

European Junior Championships

European U23 Championships

Asian Junior Championships

Asian Youth Championships

49th "Challenge 210" (Switzerland)

I don't have the result of that August event in Germany but I think your athletes didn't participate in other events so far. (no idea about the African Junior but that's not good enough for Mohamed Ihab for example)

we only particpated in world junior and african junior championships and ofc Mohamed Ihab and Sara didn't take part , if we participated in 1 tournament in october would it be fine or still not ? 

we only particpated in world junior and african junior championships and ofc Mohamed Ihab and Sara didn't take part , if we participated in 1 tournament in october would it be fine or still not ? 

that will be enough to keep them alive.

we have the same problem with our Olympic champion Sohrab Moradi, because of a surgery he missed this WCh, and if you see most of those October events are continental events. only 2 events in USA and Switzerland are possible. you have to participate in at least one of them. (and since USA won't let the Iranians to participate, Switzerland is the only chance for Moradi, even with one hand, he has to participate)

At present, only one Egyptian male lifter has participated in a period 2 event: Ali Ahmed Sayed Ashour in IWF Junior World Championships. 

In the female side, also only has participated in a period 2 event: Mahmoud Rania Mohamed Ezzat in IWF Junior World Championships. :cry:

@thepharoah it seems the IWF calendar isn't completely accurate ! :facepalm:

for example they didn't list the Friendship tournament in Tokyo (Olympic test event) as an Olympic qualification event but then I see they count those results here

https://www.iwf.net/qualif/menu/

there might be other eligible events as well. but when I checked the situation for Mohamed Ihab, he had 3 events in the first period. but still nothing in the 2nd period (may-October 2019). he has to participate in one of those 2 events in USA or SUI, even a poor result will be enough for him.

Just now, MHSN said:

that will be enough to keep them alive.

we have the same problem with our Olympic champion Sohrab Moradi, because of a surgery he missed this WCh, and if you see most of those October events are continental events. only 2 events in USA and Switzerland are possible. you have to participate in at least one of them. (and since USA won't let the Iranians to participate, Switzerland is the only chance for Moradi, even with one hand, he has to participate)

i just knew that we registered 7 athletes i think Ihab and Sara are included in Mediterranean Cup in San Marino which will take part from 3-6 October , hopefully Moradi will also participate in 1 tournament , he should be a clear favorite for Gold in tokyo , hopefully people in Iranian start in going with his VISA application from now 

Edited by thepharoah

i just knew that we registered 7 athletes i think Ihab and Sara are included in Mediterranean Cup in San Marion which will take part from 3-6 October , hopefully Moradi will also participate in 1 tournament , he should be a clear favorite for Gold in tokyo , hopefully people in Iranian start in going with his VISA application from now 

oh I forgot you are eligible for the Mediterranean Cup. :facepalm:

they know that's impossible. USA allows it only for the World Championship (because they have to) and after torturing our athletes for something like 4-5 months. (they have to go several times to the USA embassy in Turkey) that's how it is. better not wasting time and money.

they already announced Moradi is going to Switzerland.

PS: I had to contact several people in Iran WL federation to make sure they know the rules. fortunately they knew. :d