website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2019

hckošice

in Egypt there're rumors that Egyptian lifters will not be allowed to participate in next WCH as our federation didn't pay requested money from IWF for athletes that have previously caught as doped , they didn't even put any Egyptian lifter in the start book which makes me get more worried :mumble:

7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

in Egypt there're rumors that Egyptian lifters will not be allowed to participate in next WCH as our federation didn't pay requested money from IWF for athletes that have previously caught as doped , they didn't even put any Egyptian lifter in the start book which makes me get more worried :mumble:

Wait what? You mean a national federation has to pay a fine when an athlete is caught or do they need to pay extra for them to participate after their ban or something?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This also taught me the world champs are starting tomorrow :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

This also taught me the world champs are starting tomorrow :yikes:

Ugh, the world champs need to slow down. Every sport needed to have there’s in a the span of a month. I already have an entire speech to write for my comms class. There’s no way Totallympics Media will reporting on reporting on this shite :facepalm:. If only I could clone myself.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wait what? You mean a national federation has to pay a fine when an athlete is caught or do they need to pay extra for them to participate after their ban or something?

They didn't pay the fine that has been loaded when athletes were caught which I think about 250k dollars

3 hours ago, Wumo said:

Enzo Kuworge :NED with apaprently a pretty good chance to win...

Spoiler

..the C group :cheer: 

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1084824/egyptian-weightlifting-federation-banned?fbclid=IwAR2vqSLUSmOBWoE3Z-17gGlTyTMPyuPDN10oS5hejISPDrfnHFkCMV20NZY

the worst scenario now is the that Egyptian federation would be even banned from participating in the Olympics