website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC African/European Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2019

phelps

3 minutes ago, rajiv said:

Is the Israel baseball team composed of bona fide  Israelis or are they just Jewish Americans ?

How many can converse fluently  in Hebrew for instance  ?

Many Jewish Americans know Hebrew, but that’s an interesting question. It’s not hard to get Israeli citizenship, so they’ve made it easier for Americans to join

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, rajiv said:

Is the Israel baseball team composed of bona fide  Israelis or are they just Jewish Americans ?

How many can converse fluently  in Hebrew for instance  ?

almost all of them are just Jewish Americans, who live and play in the US Baseball system...

how strong their relationship with Israel as a Country is, frankly I don't know...:mumble:

29 minutes ago, phelps said:

almost all of them are just Jewish Americans, who live and play in the US Baseball system...

how strong their relationship with Israel as a Country is, frankly I don't know...:mumble:

I guess the "financial relationship" must be quite good :-D 

Colabellooooooooo!!! :cheer:

once again, Italy went down first (0-2 after 4 innings), but now Colabello brought Poma and Maggi home with a double at center field in the 5th and we're tied at 2...

in the meantime, also in the 5th, the Netherlands are 3-1 ahead against Spain...

and the Italian Olympic dream is flying away in a crazy top of the 8th...2 capital mistakes and a weird, really unlucky play opened up a 3-run gap in favour of Israel...

and the inning is not over yet...

it will be really difficult to comeback from this hole, now...