website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

Totallympics

39 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

How’s Andorra doing? They had some girls I hoped would get the tripartite invite.

Very poorly, unfortunately. 

39 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Its a shame the Angolan won’t qualify :(.

Indeed. Among all nations, she is the one that deserves the invitation the most. Much improved over anything her country has shown in the past

41 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Also Lebanon is eligible to get the tripartite, but they’ll use it elsewhere probably. Ski Lanka does like a good bet unless someone comes out of the wings or Ski Lanka chooses not to apply for this spot.

The Lebanese girl is not so far behind the Sri Lankan. Maybe we'll get to see an upset, who knows?

35 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Tripartite Eligible Performances (after 2 events)

:MKD - 31.000

:SRI - 30.400

:SMR - 26.400

:SMR - 25.100

:CPV - 22.700

:MNE - 18.900

:AND - 15.550

:MNE - 13.500

Of course, there's a bunch of other factors to consider including which events a nation is prioritizing

So Lebanon is not eligible? Bummer. I don't think the tripartite invitation would go to Europe, so I'm crossing out North Macedonia from this list. Sri Lanka will probably qualify instead, and one Arabic-speaking nation (Egypt) will qualify through the African Championships next year, so there's a bit of happiness for everybody. 

50 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

So Lebanon is not eligible? Bummer. I don't think the tripartite invitation would go to Europe, so I'm crossing out North Macedonia from this list. Sri Lanka will probably qualify instead, and one Arabic-speaking nation (Egypt) will qualify through the African Championships next year, so there's a bit of happiness for everybody. 

No they had an average of more than 8 athletes over the past two Olympics so they were dropped.

I do agree that they rather go with a non-European nation due to the dominance of the continent, but I wouldn't completely rule out North Macedonia, especially if they only apply for this event while Sri Lanka applies for many. Cape Verde has also had a good relationship with FIG so they may get the nod, even if their athlete is inferior.

13 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

And #thiago simoes thinks that Slovenia will qualify. 

Who would say that...

What about Serbia?

The Slovenian gymnast competed for Russia a few years ago. She has always been among the top 8 Russians, so it's only natural she will qualify representing Slovenia (this year she won a bronze medal at the World Cup circuit and a silver medal at the Grand Prix circuit... She's fantastic).

Serbia has no chance at all, unfortunately.