website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Scheduled ?

All Around individual finals on Friday, and Groups All Around competition on Saturday, if you're looking for Olympic qualification only. Both will be streamed in FIG's Youtube channel, along with apparatus finals on Tuesday (hoop, ball), Thursday (clubs, ribbon), and Sunday (Groups 5 balls, 3 hoops/2 clubs)

il y a une heure, mrv86 a dit :

All Around individual finals on Friday, and Groups All Around competition on Saturday, if you're looking for Olympic qualification only. Both will be streamed in FIG's Youtube channel, along with apparatus finals on Tuesday (hoop, ball), Thursday (clubs, ribbon), and Sunday (Groups 5 balls, 3 hoops/2 clubs)

And qualification for all around individual for the final ? And country favorite for the Group ? Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

And qualification for all around individual for the final ? And country favorite for the Group ? Thanks 

Expected individual Olympic qualifiers: :RUS :RUS :ISR :ISR :UKR :UKR :BUL :BUL :BLR :BLR :ITA :ITA :USA :USA :JPN :SLO

Dark horses for individual qualification: :AZE :GEO :FRA :FIN :LAT :UZB :CHN :GRE :ESP :HUN

Expected group Olympic qualifiers: :BLR :UKR :JPN :ISR :AZE

Dark horses for group qualification: :UZB :CHN :FIN :ESP

Groups a
lready qualified: :RUS :ITA :BUL

Expected tripartite invitation: :SRI

Edited by thiago_simoes

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

@thiago_simoes do you think Soldatova's health issue is real, or something dictated by Mamma Viner?

Hard to say.

In my opinion, she is really ill because her performance in Portimão was baffling (even though she won AA gold). But of course we can expect anything from Viner.

Truth be told, she had no chance to reach the Olympics, and even her participation at the 2019 Worlds would have been nothing but a footnote for the Russian team. I don't think she would even be able to earn an individual medal. She should have gone the Vedeneeva route by choosing another country to represent (but to be honest I'm not sure Viner would allow her to do this). 

Random thoughts so far:

1) The tiaras worn by the Russians are tacky, overly pretentious and add nothing to their routines. 

2) I'm not a fan of Ashram, but she deserved gold over Selezneva in hoop. But of course "weird" things always happen so Russians end up with the gold medal.

3) Israel in second so far in the team event is a big surprise. They still have their "weakest" performances to come with Telegina and Voronkov, but so does Italy with Maffei and Russo. Bulgaria and especially Belarus could benefit from this. Granted, Bulgaria has Vladinova to come (and she has been nothing but disappointing in the last few months) and Belarus has a team of three excellent gymnasts, so Belarus definitely has the edge over Italy in my opinion, provided they hit every single routine. But it will be close.

4) Griskenas ahead of Zeng? What? Griskenas even made it to a final! Very unexpected!

5) I am very surprised with Barbara Domingos from Brazil. 19.100 and 18.450 are huge scores for her level, and if she's lucky (like, extremely lucky) she could finish 24th and qualify for the final for the first time. Unlikely, but definitely not impossible at this point.

6) Angola, of all nations, has a competent gymnast: Luana Gomes. Nice to see their level has risen considerably.

7) Canadian competing for Sri Lanka, Anna-Marie Ondaatje, is doing pretty well. She is on the right track for the tripartite Olympic qualification.

8) Alissa Sadek from Lebanon is also posting very decent scores, and I honestly never heard about her. Is Lebanon even allowed to apply for a tripartite invitation? 

9) There's an Egyptian gymnast also posting good scores. She's currently in 55th place, ahead of both Portuguese gymnasts, and Portugal invests considerable money in rhythmic gymnastics (they even hold one of the World Cup events), so it's surprising to see Egypt ahead of Portugal. 

10) Even Australia now has a good gymnast sitting in 58th position! Rhythmics has truly become a global sport by now. I'm amazed!

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Random thoughts so far:

1) The tiaras worn by the Russians are tacky, overly pretentious and add nothing to their routines. 

2) I'm not a fan of Ashram, but she deserved gold over Selezneva in hoop. But of course "weird" things always happen so Russians end up with the gold medal.

3) Israel in second so far in the team event is a big surprise. They still have their "weakest" performances to come with Telegina and Voronkov, but so does Italy with Maffei and Russo. Bulgaria and especially Belarus could benefit from this. Granted, Bulgaria has Vladinova to come (and she has been nothing but disappointing in the last few months) and Belarus has a team of three excellent gymnasts, so Belarus definitely has the edge over Italy in my opinion, provided they hit every single routine. But it will be close.

4) Griskenas ahead of Zeng? What? Griskenas even made it to a final! Very unexpected!

5) I am very surprised with Barbara Domingos from Brazil. 19.100 and 18.450 are huge scores for her level, and if she's lucky (like, extremely lucky) she could finish 24th and qualify for the final for the first time. Unlikely, but definitely not impossible at this point.

6) Angola, of all nations, has a competent gymnast: Luana Gomes. Nice to see their level has risen considerably.

7) Canadian competing for Sri Lanka, Anna-Marie Ondaatje, is doing pretty well. She is on the right track for the tripartite Olympic qualification.

8) Alissa Sadek from Lebanon is also posting very decent scores, and I honestly never heard about her. Is Lebanon even allowed to apply for a tripartite invitation? 

9) There's an Egyptian gymnast also posting good scores. She's currently in 55th place, ahead of both Portuguese gymnasts, and Portugal invests considerable money in rhythmic gymnastics (they even hold one of the World Cup events), so it's surprising to see Egypt ahead of Portugal. 

10) Even Australia now has a good gymnast sitting in 58th position! Rhythmics has truly become a global sport by now. I'm amazed!

How’s Andorra doing? They had some girls I hoped would get the tripartite invite.

Its a shame the Angolan won’t qualify :(.

Also Lebanon is eligible to get the tripartite, but they’ll use it elsewhere probably. Ski Lanka does like a good bet unless someone comes out of the wings or Ski Lanka chooses not to apply for this spot.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela