website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

phelps

Just now, Jan Linha said:

You might be sarcastic but I know many slalom racers personally. I highly doubt any of them would dope. No matter what country. 

There’s honestly not much to be gained from it in the sport (at least from my point of view, but canoe is one of the few sports I’ve never done). Plus, the mentality is pretty laid back and paddlers genuinely enjoy competing because it’s fun. I could maybe see a :CZE:SVK:SLO paddler try doping just because of how competitive the sport is domestically, but then a low chance.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, rybak said:

@hckosice How big are our chances for winning last one available quota in next year?

In M K1 ? Big I would say. Basically you have no real competition for the last available quota, all strong nations and good paddlers from smaller canoe slalom countries are already qualified.

For me, your main opponents will be apart the 2 countries with naturalized slovak paddlers :LAT (Samuel Stanovsky) and :HUN (Marcel Potočný) mainly :IRL:CRO but the one I would more affraid is :BEL Matthieu Doby. however as I said honnestly Poland with 3 decent paddlers should win this quota on paper quite easily. but again we know that in this sport you always have to count on that randomness factor in a single race, one silly mistake and everything can happen...

I would be more worried about the W C1 quota for you, Here I am afraid the task may be too hard for your girl(s) facing 3 paddlers from France, Slovenia (both still can be qualified directly via reallocations - HOPEFULLY) and Slovakia your chances are basically inexistant

1 godzinę temu, hckosice napisał:

I would be more worried about the W C1 quota for you, Here I am afraid the task may be too hard for your girl(s) facing 3 paddlers from France, Slovenia (both still can be qualified directly via reallocations - HOPEFULLY) and Slovakia your chances are basically inexistant

I'm still counting that we'll get this quota after reallocation so no continental ;)