website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

phelps

12 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

I suppose it will be shortly after WCH. And as :FRA is the first country below the line of C1, I guess they will almost surely earn the Quota after reallocation. 

if I remember correctly, the NOCs have 2 weeks to take their decisions...

now, it will be interesting to see who's going to reject the K1 quota and who's going to reject the C1 quota...

for sure, :AND and :NZL don't have any particular interest in choosing one discipline or another...

:BRA and :USA probably have more chances to earn another quota place in C1, which would suggest they are going to keep the K1 quota, but actually Satila and Leibfarth are the only really good paddlers they have, so they could even opt to reject any other option and keep just 1 random quota and have those girls double starting at the next Olympics...

and also :AUS Australia now is in a difficult position, as Jess Fox doesn't have any margin to bring her sister together with her to the Games...and if she takes the K1 quota, Lawrence is going to qualify directly here at thos world championship...meanwhile if she keeps the C1 quota, she would be the lone Australian qualified and keep a chance to double start in Tokyo (even if there's always a chance that Lawrence is going to take the continental spot in the other discipline...this depends really on the Australian NOC, as they could not send anybody to the continental qualifier)...

I'm really curious to see what AUS are gonna do...

second Olympic quota of the day for :ITA Italy :cheer:

no matter how De Gennaro goes, Marcello Beda's performance is good enough to qualify our team to the Games in men's K1 (even if overall he and Ivaldi both had terrible runs with too many mistakes -and not paddling that quick, too)...

and :ITA De Gennaro bombs out once again (actually, he's been quite unlucky...he's out of the final only because of the slightest of touches at that fuc*in' gate #22, which is killing a lot of paddlers in today's semifinals...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps

Just now, dcro said:

Guys, we are talking about ICF here. We would be lucky to know who qualified a week before the Opening ceremony...

no, the NOCs have a well defined (and short) timeline to announce their decisions...I don't see why we shouldn't know that as soon as it happens...;)

Just now, phelps said:

no, the NOCs have a well defined (and short) timeline to announce their decisions...I don't see why we shouldn't know that as soon as it happens...;)

Sadly, that doesn't prevent ICF from hiding all information like they usually do. For example, I think we still don't know which sprint quota Spain declined (they had to decline one).

#banbestmen

Just now, phelps said:

second Olympic quota of the day for :ITA Italy :cheer:

no matter how De Gennaro goes, Marcello Beda's performance is good enough to qualify our team to the Games in men's K1 (even if overall he and Ivaldi both had terrible runs with too many mistakes -and not paddling that quick, too)...

OH no, today all the Italians did some mistakes touching the gates but all the 3 Italians paddled very fast, both De Gennaro and Ivaldi with a clear run would have been in final and Beda very close, but this is men kayak with many paddlers in few seconds