website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

phelps

30 minut temu, Jan Linha napisał:

So maybe the NOC might make such decision at the end of this year as earliest. Just my guess.

No, they have two weeks after WCh for that.

30 minut temu, Jan Linha napisał:

But if course they cannot they quota of 2 boats in one category. And if NOC decides to change the quota, there would be probably some kinda re-allocation afterwards. 

Of course there will be rellocation. Next best athlete that doesn't have qualification will get it (for his country, not himself). It's even possible that this lucky athlete will be from the same country.

:POL :facepalm:What was that in K1?! None of three guys in semifinal? That is very disappointing. I hope that at least one of them (Pasiut or Popiela, cause I don't believe in Majerczak after 1st run) will advance in 2nd run...

1 hour ago, Col_Frost said:

Not necessarily. Remember that NOCs can choose OQ in C1 instead of K1 ;) 

well, in any case for most of those who can choose to switch, it doesn't change anything, as there's always another teammate within the qualifying cutoff...

the only 2 girls that would eventually change something are :BRA Satila and :NZL Jones, who can decide who among the currently first and second out sneak in in both classes...

and in both cases, I think they also don't need to take any decision, as they both would eventually be double starting as the only qualified paddler from their respective Nation...

all the other Countries are already OK in both disciplines with different paddlers or just can't switch anything...

by the way, more NOCs eligible for the quota places must be added to the list after women's C1 run #2: :CHN:AND:NZL:SLO:UKR with :AND & :NZL being among those who also qualified yesterday in K1 and being at the same time the only qualified paddler from their respective Nation (together with :BRA Satila, who qualified already after run #1)...

so, in the women's C1 we have 14 NOCs for 11 places (and 3 more girls who could opt for this race too rather than yesterday's, if they really qualify through this event)...

Edited by phelps

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

meanwhile, in the men's K1 (18 passes available), after the first qualification run, we have the following 18 NOCs already through to the Semifinals:

:SVK:GBR:ITA:CZE:SLO:ESP:GER:POR:USA:BRA:FRA:BEL:AUT:AUS:NZL:RUS:SUI:SWE

I think there was also an American competitor who qualified in 6th in the 2nd run.

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, in any case for most of those who can choose to switch, it doesn't change anything, as there's always another teammate within the qualifying cutoff...

the only 2 girls that would eventually change something are :BRA Satila and :NZL Jones, who can decide who among the currently first and second out sneak in in both classes...

and in both cases, I think they also don't need to take any decision, as they both would eventually be double starting as the only qualified paddler from their respective Nation...

all the other Countries are already OK in both disciplines with different paddlers or just can't switch anything...

by the way, more NOCs eligible for the quota places must be added to the list after women's C1 run #2: :CHN:AND:NZL:SLO:UKR with :AND & :NZL being among those who also qualified yesterday in K1 and being at the same time the only qualified paddler from their respective Nation (together with :BRA Satila, who qualified already after run #1)...

so, in the women's C1 we have 14 NOCs for 11 places (and 3 more girls who could opt for this race too rather than yesterday's, if they really qualify through this event)...

Okay, I'm going to try again. Not only did I get my flags wrong but also my genders and events. In fact I think it's the women's C-1 where the US competitor who finished 6th in the 2nd run is missing! ?

Just now, Nickyc707 said:

Okay, I'm going to try again. Not only did I get my flags wrong but also my genders and events. In fact I think it's the women's C-1 where the US competitor who finished 6th in the 2nd run is missing! ?

because she's the same who qualified yesterday in the K1 discipline...and she can't qualify 2 boats, therefore today it's like she's not competing for the Olympic Quota...

actually, I should have mentioned her with :BRA:NZL and :AND as someone who could choose which race to keep as a qualifier, but still, I don't see why she should give up the first one (K1) to get the second one (C1), when nothing changes for her NOC (or for her, personally), as she's the only competitive US girl in all the disciplines...

Edited by phelps

35 minut temu, phelps napisał:

I didn't check this but not every nation have more than one athlete in every of this two events. Of course every NOC will rather give up place in event in which they have bigger chance for another OQ but it doesn't have to get to another athlete of their country. Also :AND :BRA :NZL and :UKR can pick C1 because why not? They still will start in both event at the OG (probably). So writing about 14 nations fighting for 11 OQ in C1 is a little bit hasty :) 

Total failure today from our team, no idea what was the cause, but someone will have to explain a lot and assume the consequences about this fiasco. No quota in W C1 is not something so extremely unexpected though, but still shamefull. Much worse is the failure in M K1, Halčin and Málek totally flopped here, inexcusable. The pressure now on Grigar will be huge in the semifinals to not fail.