web
analytics
Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Athletics IAAF Europe vs USA Match 2019

Does this being on Monday and Tuesday say something about the significance and possibly level of participants? :p 

Edited by heywoodu

8 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

1) Just noticed that Pinto isn't on the start list anymore (https://www.european-athletics.org/mm/Document/EventsMeetings/General/01/28/90/76/TEAM_LISTCOMBINED_Neutral.pdf)

2) I don't think that the start lists prove that the level of participants is very good. In my opinion the US will compete with their best athlete in only 10 out of 34 individual events (Men's 1500 m, men's 3000 m SC, men's high jump, men's javelin throw, men's hammer throw, women's long jump, women's shot put, women's hammer throw, women's javelin throw, women's discus throw) and Europe will compete with their best athlete in only 13 out of 34 individual events (Men's 200 m, men's 800 m, men's 110 m hurdles, men's high jump, men's long jump, men's pole vault, men's javelin throw, men's hammer throw, women's 100 m hurdles, women's high jump, women's pole vault, women's discus throw, women's hammer throw).

You know who wears sunglasses inside?

For a moment I thought this was Belarus vs USA. :p

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Gabriela Gajanová finished 4th with only 0.05 behind the podium, at least won 5 points for team Europe

Oh, this started? :lol: Any possibility to see this somewhere?

Edited by heywoodu

Nedasekau jumping 2.35m is the highlight of day one I guess?

I enjoyed watching it, but overall the standard is like First Round Heats in a major Championships.   But good practice for athletes before they go to training camps.