website statistics

Your Top 3 Favourite National Anthems

Olympian1010

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Because this is a celebration of Olympic anthems. East Germany doesn’t exist and they don’t have a current NOC. If the anthem is the same as current Germany, I can except it.

Then call if Top 3 Favorite Olympic National Anthems.

However, seeing how plenty of others have mentioned non-eligible anthems, it seems like people would prefer to pick their national anthems with no such restrictions.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m going to have a commonwealth themed one in 2021 or 2022 to celebrate the games. :WAL can get chosen then. I quite like “Jerusalem” by the way. Scotland’s got an odd song they use too.

"Flower of Scotland" which replaced "Scotland the Brave" fairly recently.

Please keep in mind that I mostly judge national anthems based on the music itself and not so much the lyrics.

Gold Medal: :AZE Azerbaijan (Azərbaycan Marşı)

Silver Medal: :RUS Russia (Gosudartvennyy Gimm Rossiyskoy Federatsii)

Bronze Medal: :GER Germany (Deutschlandlied)

Special Mentions: :CHN China, :ISR Israel, :RSA South Africa, :SVK Slovakia, :ESP Spain, :FRA France, :KOR South Korea, and of course if I could vote for them :CAN Canada

• 1 month later...
On 07/09/2019 at 20:02, Nickyc707 said:

"Flower of Scotland" which replaced "Scotland the Brave" fairly recently.

Flower of Scotland, especially when played with bagpipes and sung by thousands of people (like during some medal ceremonies in Glasgow 20something), is one of the best pieces of music I've heard :wub:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, bestmen said:

Poor thread what is that , you could also aske for your 3 favourite cakes 3 favourite cheese 3 favourite phone ....etc

you didnt hear even 5%  of all the anthems , how will you pick 3 :mumble:

I'm sure nobody saw every professional athlete ever, yet we all have our favorites :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 23/10/2019 at 18:04, heywoodu said:

Flower of Scotland, especially when played with bagpipes and sung by thousands of people (like during some medal ceremonies in Glasgow 20something), is one of the best pieces of music I've heard :wub:

I prefer Scotland the Brave which is really jaunty (and plenty of bagpipes). I particularly like it when it is linked to the Black Bear. I find Flower of Scotland a bit of a tedious dirge, but then we all have different tastes.