website statistics

Men's Boxing AIBA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I heard it happens a lot in boxing tournaments: you win a fight, and then you have to fight someone else, possibly even stronger! :mad:

no, they are 4 :ALG vs 4 :CUB the Number 1 , is it normal ? why don't they put them vs boxers from  asia oceania south A or europe why only Cuba

, they do the same in Judo when they put all our Judoka vs Japan in the first round

:SVK send here 5 boxers, 2 of them entered the competition today with a record of 1 W and 1 L

Dávid Michálek won in the -91kg class over Erdenebayar Sandagsuuren :MGL  4-1 1st round, sadly the quarterfinalist from this years Minsk European Games Matúš Strnisko lost to :IRIEhsan Ruzbahani, the London 2012 quarterfinalist 1-4 in the opening round of the -81kg class.

Tomorrow Viliam Tankó the Baku 2015 bronze medalist will face Ian Clark Bautista of :PHI bronze medalist from the last Asian championships in the -57kg 1st round.

2 days later Michal Takács will also start his competitons in 1st round of the -63kg class against Mulumba Mbaya :COD quarterfinalist of ths years African Games.

and the 14th september our only seeded boxer here, the Minsk 2019 bronze medalist Andrej "Bandi" Csemez will fight in the 2nd round of the -75kg category against Serhat Guler of :TUR  23 years old very talented Turkish boxer who eliminated in the first round yesterday the guy from :NED

:yikes: 

IGIV8Qb.png

I feel like a KO in amateur boxing is pretty rare :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also it looks like we got the right Armenian :evil:

ahcMOKf.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:yikes: 

IGIV8Qb.png

I feel like a KO in amateur boxing is pretty rare :p 

I don't know if it's still the same but there used to be a funny rule in AIBA, if you lose a match by KO, you can't participate for something 6 months (or 3 ? can't remember)

well at least in this sport we should not be worried about the Israelis, because they suck and we do too :d

I was watching some matches today, 91kg first round between Iran and Iraq, after the 2nd round, our coach was telling the boxer "bro you lost both rounds, you are down, you have to do something special in the 3rd round, go for KO" and our boxer did exactly the same thing as the first two rounds and guess what, they announced him as the winner :d

this is terrible, watching boxing is like watching basketball with no scoreboard and I don't mean the normal basketball. a new version when it's up to the refs if they give 1-2 or 3 points for a shoot, you will only know the score after the match :d

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

I don't know if it's still the same but there used to be a funny rule in AIBA, if you lose a match by KO, you can't participate for something 6 months (or 3 ? can't remember)

well at least in this sport we should not be worried about the Israelis, because they suck and we do too :d

I was watching some matches today, 91kg first round between Iran and Iraq, after the 2nd round, our coach was telling the boxer "bro you lost both rounds, you are down, you have to do something special in the 3rd round, go for KO" and our boxer did exactly the same thing as the first two rounds and guess what, they announced him as the winner :d

this is terrible, watching boxing is like watching basketball with no scoreboard and I don't mean the normal basketball. a new version when it's up to the refs if they give 1-2 or 3 points for a shoot, you will only know the score after the match :d

it's so sad, but you're absolutely right...:(