website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, szy123 said:

No, actually he is from... the Netherlands :NED 

https://www.worldsurfleague.com/athletes/1349/ramzi-boukhiam

more on him...he was born in 1993 in Agadir (MAR) from a Moroccan father and a Dtch mother (that's why he has double citizenship, MAR & NED), but now he lives and trains mainly in France (and surf all over the world)...

however, looking at his bio, he's a lot better than I expected as a non full-time follower of this sport...

he's not totally unknown at this level...

Edited by phelps

European quota goes to Frederico Morais from :POR

A rainy and windy day in Japan today, so the competition ended early

The Asian quota is between the surfers from :JPN Shun Murakami and the :MON Rio Waida. They are at the same heat in Repechage Round 10.

As for the competition itself, on Round 7 the contenders are Gabriel Medina and ítalo Ferreira from :BRA and Kolohe Andino and Kelly Slater from :USA. They will fight for two spots at the Final.

5 minutes ago, Laraja said:

There is a tie in 13th position. Leon Glatzer :GER and Angelo Bonomelli :ITA

Thanks laraja, but for olympic qualifcation system a tie not possibile. If Morais take top 5 in 2020 world champiosnhip, who is euroepan quote? Glatzer or Bonomelli? Only one of them

3 minutos atrás, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo disse:

Thanks laraja, but for olympic qualifcation system a tie not possibile. If Morais take top 5 in 2020 world champiosnhip, who is euroepan quote? Glatzer or Bonomelli? Only one of them

Yeah, I know that

But, I don't know how they will solve this situation :lol: If this happen.

The qualification system doesn't mention anything about it.

@phelps Do you know?

59 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Yeah, I know that

But, I don't know how they will solve this situation :lol: If this happen.

The qualification system doesn't mention anything about it.

@phelps Do you know?

no, as I wrote after the women's event, I don't have a clue about that...I can only suppose they go down to the team ranking and choose the man from the best team (I think that only because that's the tie-breaking criteria under another circumstance, for the repechage in case the WSL can't fill all of their spots and no other guys from the qualifying school can make the top 30 at the next ISA Worlds)...

as you said, there's no word on the official qualification document about tied scores in this championship for the continental spots...

we'll see if they make any statement after the end of the championships...but I seriously doubt they will...maybe after next year's worlds, if there's a case like this...:mumble:

1 hour ago, Jose Luis said:

The quota is to the athlete, not for the country. The tie-breaker criteria may not be the classification by country because What if will be tied two athletes from the same country?

in that case it would be down to the NOC, obviously...

however, as I wrote, it's just a speculation...in the official docs there's not a single word about possible ties...

we can only wait for ISA to clarify that aspect...and I suspect that we'll get some news only if a tie really happens after next year's worlds...