website statistics

Shooting ESC Shotgun European Championships 2019

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

frankly I don't know why they still keep this event in the program...once it's been thrown out of the Olympics, it was clear that it was dead and gone...

fuc*in' IOC and ISSF! :zip::redcard::thumbdown:

Considering how the other two cut events are still surviving (though badly beaten) I think it was the right decision in the end. An event should in theory be able to survive without the Olympics.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Considering how the other two cut events are still surviving (though badly beaten) I think it was the right decision in the end. An event should in theory be able to survive without the Olympics.

Especially if it ever wants to get back. I'm gonna keep hoping the only shooting event I really like gets back on the program some day..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

37 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

maybe in the richest disciplines it works that way, but with a sport that barely exists because of the Olympic experience, it's quite different...

probably we would have a lot more shooters practicing the double trap if the entire sport of clay target shooting wasn't anymore included in the Olympic program...less Countries overall, but better spread over the 3 events...

meanwhile right now, all the shooters are only focused on the 2 olympic events...

women's Junior Skeet, shooters qualified to the final

:GER Eva-Tamara Reichert
:RUS Elizaveta Evgrafova
:SVK Vanesa Hockova
:ROU Raveca-Maria Islai
:GER Johanna Gerda Margareta Wedekind
:RUS Elena Bukhonova

women's Skeet, shooters qualified to the final

:UKR Iryna Malovichko
:CYP Andri Eleftheriou*
:CZE Barbora Sumova
:ITA Diana Bacosi*
:SVK Danka Bartekova*
:TUR Nur Banu Ozpak

* = already qualified to the Olympic Games

CZE, TUR and UKR fighting for today's 2 available spots...

On 11/09/2019 at 01:25, JoshMartini007 said:

Other events are barely surviving because of double starters. A shooter proficient in 50 Rifle Prone can still take part in 50x3. Similarly, in Pistol also, there was a decent amount of shooters doing the double of 50m and 10m. 

I blame ISSF more regarding the death of Double Trap. They could have kept the three dropped events in their WC and ensured that those events don't die. But with ISSF also dropping those events from WC, what incentive do the shooters have to continue to pursue those events? Other events can still have decent fields but Double Trap is the worst hit. 

5 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Other events are barely surviving because of double starters. A shooter proficient in 50 Rifle Prone can still take part in 50x3. Similarly, in Pistol also, there was a decent amount of shooters doing the double of 50m and 10m. 

I blame ISSF more regarding the death of Double Trap. They could have kept the three dropped events in their WC and ensured that those events don't die. But with ISSF also dropping those events from WC, what incentive do the shooters have to continue to pursue those events? Other events can still have decent fields but Double Trap is the worst hit. 

Same as 10 m running target dissapeared.

On 10/09/2019 at 12:55, JoshMartini007 said:

That what kills me about a lot of the events that have been dropped. C2 died an instantaneous death, and C2 Mixed isn’t exactly taking off. Tandem died after the 60s. It’s just a shame. I really put the blame on international federations. They fostered these athletes careers for years and killed them in seconds.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Same as 10 m running target dissapeared.

Actually running target still exists. There still a pretty good participation rate as well I believe.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela