website statistics

Shooting ESC Shotgun European Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Dunadan said:

Last WCH, medal for De Filippis

last ECH, medal for De Filippis

last World Cup, medal for De Filippis

How the hell can he not be considered medal candidate? :wacko:

only bronze medals going downwords...losing positions...to me, the higher the pressure, the less reliable he is...and you know that the Olympic pressure is something beyond imagination...a lot worse than any other competition...

p.s. and euro/world medals have been achieved in Lonato, his home range...

Edited by phelps

11 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I'm not so sure (unless you know the system enough to do the calculations), I know the ranking points will decay but I don't know at which rate...I fear that by next May the points earned until now will be worth very little if compared to those given at the World cups in March/April and if there is a surprise winner there who is not qualified yet De Filippis may be in trouble

The points count for 1 year, so the WCH points will stay in ranking until the end of qualification period, now there is the world cup final in which there is only Ger, FIN, Lux and UAE  in contention for ranking.It's still possible, but very difficult for De Filippis losing that quota in particular for the way he is shooting. 

14 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

The points count for 1 year, so the WCH points will stay in ranking until the end of qualification period

Yes but they decrease every month. As I understand it, they lose 1/12 of their value every month. If I am right, for example De Filippis' silver at the WCH (which was worth 1800 points) will become only 300 points by next May (not counting performance score). Gold at the WC final in October would be 500 points. Gold at the World cup in April would be worth almost 1000 points. So yeah, if he continues to shoot like this he'll get the quota but imo it's not safe at all. 

Just now, Benolympique said:

italy still has a lot of quota compared to Germany and France where these Olympic qualifications are catastrophic.

Do you understand that it doesn't make sense to always compare France with every other country in every sport? Italy is expected to do better than France in shotgun, would you be ok with France only qualifying one team in handball because anyway it's more than Italy?

il y a 4 minutes, Dunadan a dit :

Do you understand that it doesn't make sense to always compare France with every other country in every sport? Italy is expected to do better than France in shotgun, would you be ok with France only qualifying one team in handball because anyway it's more than Italy?

I'm not talking about the shooting, but I M speaking generally, you Italians spend your time whining while at the moment you have a lot of quotas.

3 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I'm not talking about the shooting, but I M speaking generally, you Italians spend your time whining while at the moment you have a lot of quotas.

I suggest you have a look at which stage of the qualification process we reached in every sport to see how many quotas countries are projected to have at the end, Italy has qualified 4 teams, that's where "a lot of quotas" come from (and in volleyball, water polo, softball France can't compete with Italy. You can compare it in M football for example, and there France won the quota while Italy failed as host...).

Pointing out that trap is a disaster is not whining (unlike what I read from you everywhere), it's the truth since we're almost at the end of the qualification with no quotas and this is a very strong event for Italy.

PS: I'm not "you Italians"...

à l’instant, Dunadan a dit :

I suggest you have a look at which stage of the qualification process we reached in every sport to see how many quotas countries are projected to have at the end, Italy has qualified 4 teams, that's where "a lot of quotas" come from (and in volleyball, water polo, softball France can't compete with Italy. You can compare it in M football for example, and there France won the quota while Italy failed as host...).

Pointing out that trap is a disaster is not whining (unlike what I read from you everywhere), it's the truth since we're almost at the end of the qualification with no quotas and this is a very strong event for Italy.

PS: I'm not "you Italians"...

And I have no Italian against Italian