website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, intoronto said:

Would that mean Turkey can enter the team event (I assume, only 3 of 4 squares will count) ?

----

BTW do you think Canada can make it to the top 12? 246 is what they scored at Pan Ams, but have a slightly different team here.

No, no composite teams

Just now, AlFHg said:

I don’t know very much about gymnastics and I can only see live scoring, but from what I can understand I am start thinking that Italy made a good qualification and some quite good individual exercises, although apart from Lodadio it is going to be hard to see any other individual finalist

Edalli should also make the all-around final.

#banbestmen

Just now, intoronto said:

Would that mean Turkey can enter the team event (I assume, only 3 of 4 squares will count) ?

----

BTW do you think Canada can make it to the top 12? 246 is what they scored at Pan Ams, but have a slightly different team here.

Nope. As far as I could understand, only three gymnasts can qualify if a nation does not qualify a team. For a team to take part, they need to start with 4 gymnasts.

I would say it's unlikely for Canada to repeat this score. Judging here is very strict on the still rings and parallel bars. I believe we should consider deducting 2 or 3 points from was achieved at the Pan Ams for an equivalent score here, based on the judging.

Olympic hopefuls after subdivision 3/8:

Team:
:TPE

Apparatus:
:ISR Artem Dolgopyat (Floor)
:IRL Rhys McClenaghan (Pommel horse)
:TUR Ibrahim Çolak (Still rings)
:FRA Samir Ait Said (Still rings)
:GRE Eleftherios Petrounias (Still rings)

There's a chance for :ITA with Marco Lodadio on rings too if Italy fails to qualify a team, but he's currently fourth and could miss the final.

All-around:
:CUB Manrique Larduet

:ITA Ludovico Edalli
:KAZ Milad Karimi
:FRA Loris Frasca
:ISR Alexander Shatilov
:TUR Ferhat Arican
:AZE Ivan Tikhonov
:BLR Andrey Likhovitskiy

:NOR Sofus Heggemsnes
:CZE David Jessen
:CHI Tomas Gonzalez
:VIE Lee Thanh Tung (currently also second on vault, so he could qualify through the apparatus final if he fails to qualify through the all-around)

:AUT Vinzenz Hoeck
:COL Andres Martinez

:GRE Nikolaos Iliopoulos
:HUN Ryan Sheppard

Scores in the all-around are a lot higher than I predicted, so there's a chance even 78 will not be enough. It might go as high as 80. Insane.

24 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes. Not even huge scores on pommel could save them now. They need 43.802 to outscore Italy, and this means 14.600 per routine. Impossible.

But this opens up a very interesting scenario: if Onder finishes ahead of Arican in the all-around and Çolak qualifies for the event final on rings, three Turkish could qualify for the Olympics (Onder in the all-around, Arican in parallel bars and Çolak in rings).

Can gymnasts who qualify via an individual event still choose to compete in other events besides that one at the Olympics?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

There's a chance for :ITA with Marco Lodadio on rings too if Italy fails to qualify a team, but he's currently fourth and could miss the final.

Also Onder Ahmet :TUR in Parallel Bars, right? (although final it's not a sure thing yet)