website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, ATHENS 1896 said:

What is the case if both Yang and Petrounias reach the same points? Let's say three wins. Who gets the quota?

1.  The final score  of  the three  counting  exercises  will  be  added  and  the gymnast  with  the  highest total  score  prevails

2.  The  total  E-score  of  the  three  counting  exercises  (6  scores  for  Vault)  will  be  added  and  the gymnast  with the  highest  total  E-score prevails 3.  If  they  remain  tied,  the  total  D-score  of  the  three  counting  exercises  (6  scores  for  Vault)  will be  added and  the  gymnast  with the  highest  total  D-score  prevails 

source: this document

ART Olympic Qualification Tie-breaking Rules_E._FINALpdf.pdf

Just now, Dunadan said:

1.  The final score  of  the three  counting  exercises  will  be  added  and  the gymnast  with  the  highest total  score  prevails

2.  The  total  E-score  of  the  three  counting  exercises  (6  scores  for  Vault)  will  be  added  and  the gymnast  with the  highest  total  E-score prevails 3.  If  they  remain  tied,  the  total  D-score  of  the  three  counting  exercises  (6  scores  for  Vault)  will be  added and  the  gymnast  with the  highest  total  D-score  prevails 

source: this document

ART Olympic Qualification Tie-breaking Rules_E._FINALpdf.pdf 158.29 kB · 1 download

Clear - Thank you very much.

57 minutes ago, ATHENS 1896 said:

What is the case if both Yang and Petrounias reach the same points? Let's say three wins. Who gets the quota?

It depends on who scored the highest individual scores in each stage. Scores for rings now are consistently lower than previous years, so Petrounias is at a huge disadvantage here.

46 minutes ago, phelps said:

sorry, for not answering earlier...but I had to go preparing the dinner for my dad and myself...:p

could you give me some more details?

p.s. Igor Cassina (commentating for our National TV) said the opposite...it was close, but Lodadio was better in his opinion...

There is a near imperceptible moment when Lodadio's forearms are used for him to keep balance in a handstand. This deducts 0.3 from his final score. It's one of those things that casual fans don't see, but judges are very careful when judging. It was a fair result, though Çolak also had some errors, of course. Last year we had a much better final when it comes to the execution of skills, but this year was a lot more unpredictable. Great final, still.