website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

23 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm not an expert of artistic gymnastics, but it was an amazing medal! I'm really really surprise, congrats girls! :clap:

@Sindo also must be so happy that thought to rename the forum as tottalgymnastics :lol:

After watching Melanie de Jesus dos Santos' floor routines, I'm baffled at how much overscored she is. It's like they threw the Code of Point out of the window just to score her floor with an unrealistic execution. Her first tumbling pass alone has been credited as worth 0.7, but in every single document regarding execution and attribution of difficulty scores, it is stated that it should be downgraded to 0.5. It might seem like it's not much, but this makes a HUGE difference, especially in the final. I'm disgusted. 

Women's Team Event

Gold: :USA United States,  172.330 Pts

Silver: :RUS Russia,  166.529 Pts

Bronze: :ITA Italy, 164.796 Pts

Full Results:

https://live.gymnastics.sport/link.php?id=2782

Men's Team Event

Gold: :RUS Russia,  261.726 Pts (first team title since the end of the USSR era) :yikes::hatoff:

Silver: :CHN China,  260.729 Pts

Bronze: :JPN Japan,  258.159 Pts

Full Results:

https://live.gymnastics.sport/link.php?id=2790

Black 14.000 on beam. Ugh. Just... nope.

Moors 13.566 on floor. Why? She deserves more! It's unacceptable that she scores so low while Nina Derwael, of all people, qualified to the finals (instead of Moors).

I'm done watching. I'll rant forever if I keep watching this awful display of bad gymnastics getting high scores, and good gymnastics being underscored.

Melnikova incredibly overscored on beam. Russians are being very favored here. Still, I'm okay with Melnikova winning a medal instead of Derwael. Besides bars, there's nothing else nice to say about Derwael. She is not an all-arounder who should be so close to a medal. This is absurd!

As I predicted, Melnikova won a medal with unrealistic scores, but I'm okay with a medal for her instead of Nina and Black, who were also extremely overscored.

I'm worried about Black missing out beam finals now. I hope she's okay.

I know I'm very, very salty today, but Derwael just cannot be scored like that. It's insane, it's unfair to the other gymnasts. 

And Biles is as artistic as a cauliflower.

That's me being salty and mean. Yeah.