website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Any word on who is eligible for tripartite quotas?

One blog stated that :SRI and :CAY are on the run in women's events. No info about which nations are eligible in men's events.

Albania, Kuwait and Monaco are the only Tripartite nations who took part in MAG, I believe.

#banbestmen

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Any word on who is eligible for tripartite quotas?

One blog stated that :SRI and :CAY are on the run in women's events. No info about which nations are eligible in men's events.

I think Monaco is the only tripartite country with a man at the WC

maybe Albania and Kuwait? Not sure of their status this time 

Edited by dodge

Just now, dcro said:

Albania, Kuwait and Monaco are the only Tripartite nations who took part in MAG, I believe.

Just now, dodge said:

I think Monaco is the only tripartite country with a man at the WC

maybe Albania and Kuwait? Not sure of their status this time 

There's no way Kuwait would be chosen. Monaco was selected for the 2016 Olympics, so Matvei Petrov has the best chance, I guess. It was nice for him to switch nationality and keep going. This could pay off for Maria Kharenkova too, who now competes for Georgia and is currently second reserve in the all-around.

Wow, our federation is being really stupid. They say that both Tin Srbić and Ana Đerek are "almost qualified". Either they can't read the document, or they can't think for themselves. It doesn't take a genius to understand that only two unqualified athletes made the horizontal bar final.

#banbestmen

12 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

There's no way Kuwait would be chosen. Monaco was selected for the 2016 Olympics, so Matvei Petrov has the best chance, I guess. It was nice for him to switch nationality and keep going. This could pay off for Maria Kharenkova too, who now competes for Georgia and is currently second reserve in the all-around.

What are the chances of the alternates getting a quota? Ireland are first alternate.

Just now, Oldira said:

What are the chances of the alternates getting a quota? Ireland are first alternate.

Do you mean getting a quota thanks to reallocation of the tripartite invitation? Very unlikely.

According to the results of the World Cup series so far, no one from the reallocation list is currently in a position to qualify in any apparatus.

I don't believe that any gymnast who has been reallocated so far has a chance to secure a quota through the all-around World Cup series or through the continental championships, either. 

This means that, in theory, she needs to hope for someone either getting injured or giving up their quota. I'm not sure South Africa will confirm Rooskrantz's quota. They are very strict in their criteria for allowing athletes to participate at the Olympic Games, and she might not have done enough according to SA's Olympic Committee, but we shall see.