website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

42 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Olympic hopefuls after subdivision 3/8:

:VIE Lee Thanh Tung (currently also second on vault, so he could qualify through the apparatus final if he fails to qualify through the all-around)

Scores in the all-around are a lot higher than I predicted, so there's a chance even 78 will not be enough. It might go as high as 80. Insane.

Not that it ultimately matters, but given that there are only 12 AA spots available before re-alocation one would think he is more likely to qualify through the event finals, right?

Just now, NearPup said:

Not that it ultimately matters, but given that there are only 12 AA spots available before re-alocation one would think he is more likely to qualify through the event finals, right?

Yes, individual AA has a priority only if the athlete is initially inside the top 12.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, NearPup said:

I expect 6-10 extra quotas after reallocation, but it would be easier for him to qualify through the event finals if all-around scores keep rising like this. You're right.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Olympic hopefuls after subdivision 3/8:

Team:
:TPE

Apparatus:
:ISR Artem Dolgopyat (Floor)
:IRL Rhys McClenaghan (Pommel horse)
:TUR Ibrahim Çolak (Still rings)
:FRA Samir Ait Said (Still rings)
:GRE Eleftherios Petrounias (Still rings)

There's a chance for :ITA with Marco Lodadio on rings too if Italy fails to qualify a team, but he's currently fourth and could miss the final.

All-around:
:CUB Manrique Larduet

:ITA Ludovico Edalli
:KAZ Milad Karimi
:FRA Loris Frasca
:ISR Alexander Shatilov
:TUR Ferhat Arican
:AZE Ivan Tikhonov
:BLR Andrey Likhovitskiy

:NOR Sofus Heggemsnes
:CZE David Jessen
:CHI Tomas Gonzalez
:VIE Lee Thanh Tung (currently also second on vault, so he could qualify through the apparatus final if he fails to qualify through the all-around)

:AUT Vinzenz Hoeck
:COL Andres Martinez

:GRE Nikolaos Iliopoulos
:HUN Ryan Sheppard

Scores in the all-around are a lot higher than I predicted, so there's a chance even 78 will not be enough. It might go as high as 80. Insane.

now he's 5th...:cry:

by the way, did you watch his routine? I fear he's been heavily underscored (I didn't watch, I only read a report from an Italian website, but generally they are too enthusiastic about gymnasts, so I don't know if it might be true or not?)...

however, I think that starting in the first subdivision is cruel...it's almost impossible to sneak in into the apparatus finals...you really need to be a super-champion above all suspects, in order to be generously evaluated so early in the competition...