website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, hckosice said:

Yeah I nearly got whiplash from how quickly they published the list of Rym Gym qualifiers for the 2021 World Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, rybak said:

Thanks God Gabriela is qualified :d

@thiago_simoes There is any real chances that an men's Polish gymnast will qualify as well?

Lukasz Borkowski is the only one with a chance of qualifying. At the Polish Championships he scored 81.034, which would easily qualify him for Tokyo. But National Championships usually hand out unrealistic scores, so I searched for his score in an international competition. Bad news: at the European Games he scored 71.297.

Anything under 78 means no chance of qualifying, in my opinion, especially because we probably will have 6-12 athletes who will qualify through the event finals (while in the women's competition only 1 qualified through the event finals). At the very worst, 75-76 should be the threshold for Olympic qualification, unless the judges are very strict.

Edited by thiago_simoes

1 minuut geleden, Dennis zei:

Does :NED stand any chance to qualify a team here?

No, too much injuries. Zonderland isn't at his best level, Rijken will do all apparatus (but a few weeks ago he couldn't do floor and vault because of an injury) and Bletterman is not good enough.

Only way to have 3 gymnasts at the OG is with an individual final for Deurloo at high bar (in that case Schmidt will have the AA-quota and Zonderland will win the World Cup-quota). But after 1 subdivision the scores at high bar are really high already (Tang 14.933, two Italians 14.200), so I don't think it's gonna happen for Deurloo.