website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2019

hckošice

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

:UZB Oksana Chusovitina

Incredible, hats off to her! It is worth to highlight that she now qualified for her eighth(!) consecutive Summer Olympics at the age of 44 in a sport where most women quit at their late 20's (at the latest), still highly competitive in Vault.

She is a real olympic superstar. She will now become the woman with second most Olympic appearances, just behind Nino Salukvadze and equal to Josefa Idem.

Very bitter result for Brazil, normally a sure shot for qualification. Hopefully, they are able to qualify at least some more individuals via the other criteria.

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Damn, so close :(

I counted the girls again and for a moment I thought Ireland had qualified, but I really counted 32 gymnasts. Bummer. There's still a huge chance someone will qualify through other means (world cup series, continental championships), so I believe there's hope for Ireland.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Wait, I made a mistake.

We have 20 quotas through the all around + 11 extra quotas from the event finals + 1 extra quota from the host nation reallocation. I only counted 31 gymnasts, but it's actually 32! Ireland has qualified!

OMG really?

This just cheered me right up! Yesss Megan!! :clap:

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

She is a real olympic superstar. She will now become the woman with second most Olympic appearances, just behind Nino Salukvadze and equal to Josefa Idem.

And equal to Tinne Vilhelmson-Silfven (hopefully).

#banbestmen

Sorry, I counted 32 gymnasts. For a moment I thought there was a mistake, but it seems like it was right. i apologize for the confusion.

Ahh crap, no worries.... thanks anyway for your informative posts.

I'm glad Brazil didn't qualify a full team: 1) we can focus on the girls that actually have a shot at a good result in Tokyo instead of worrying about old/injured athletes that add nothing to the team; 2) maybe something will change in our gymnastics federation that surely is one of the worst in Brazil - the disaster today wasn't simply a matter of "bad luck", but also has to do with the terrible planning this confederation has.