website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

We have to start with a very sad bit of news though. Martin Fitzmaurice has passed away at age 75 :cry:

For many years, when I wasn't watching PDC yet (mostly because tv didn't show it here and because I hated the "money federation" back then) the darts at The Embassy - The Lakeside - started with Fitzmaurice's legendary "Are you ready?!! Ladies and gentlemen....Let's! Play! Darts!".

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Epic match between the Netherlands and Russia at the World Cup of Darts, where Aleksandr Oreshkin is sooooo slow and "weird" and fun and awesome :d 

Sad to see the Russians lost, it would have been awesome :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Woah! A darts thread! I started watching darts around 10 years back when the rivalry between Phil 'The Power' Taylor :p and Barney was at its peak! Taylor's my favourite. Like Barney, Anderson and Van Gerwen too. Van Gerwen's a genius!

I took up to playing darts when I started watching it. Just got a new dartboard after a hiatus of a few years when I went to college :d. My dream is to score a 9-darter :bowdown:. Need to start by getting my first 180 :lol:

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Epic match between the Netherlands and Russia at the World Cup of Darts, where Aleksandr Oreshkin is sooooo slow and "weird" and fun and awesome :d 

Sad to see the Russians lost, it would have been awesome :( 

Can you share live streaming links whenever there is play? :)

2 hours ago, Suneet said:

Woah! A darts thread! I started watching darts around 10 years back when the rivalry between Phil 'The Power' Taylor :p and Barney was at its peak! Taylor's my favourite. Like Barney, Anderson and Van Gerwen too. Van Gerwen's a genius!

I took up to playing darts when I started watching it. Just got a new dartboard after a hiatus of a few years when I went to college :d. My dream is to score a 9-darter :bowdown:. Need to start by getting my first 180 :lol:

I haven't played in ages, I think it's 10-12 years ago since we had a dartboard in the room which later became my bedroom meaning there was no space for the board anymore :p 

I think my best throw was having 2 treble 20's in one throw, but never 180 :d 

2 hours ago, Suneet said:

Can you share live streaming links whenever there is play? :)

I'll do my best :cheer:

Today is an interesting day, with a whole lot of "exotic" nations playing in the World Cup. Reyes and Alcinas are taking on the English team and they might have a chance :)

About my favorites: Peter Wright, Michael van Gerwen, Simon Whitlock, Vincent van der Voort, Justin Pipe are some of the names I like. On the other hand, I don't like Taylor a whole lot and I'm definitely not a fan of Van Barneveld anymore. I was when I was little and he won The Embassy/Lakeside 1998 (my dad recorded the final and I think I asked a million times during the months after to see the last few darts, D16 and then Barney threw away his last dart :d ), but nowadays he is always so negative and that's so freaking annoying :p 

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'll do my best :cheer:

Today is an interesting day, with a whole lot of "exotic" nations playing in the World Cup. Reyes and Alcinas are taking on the English team and they might have a chance :)

About my favorites: Peter Wright, Michael van Gerwen, Simon Whitlock, Vincent van der Voort, Justin Pipe are some of the names I like. On the other hand, I don't like Taylor a whole lot and I'm definitely not a fan of Van Barneveld anymore. I was when I was little and he won The Embassy/Lakeside 1998 (my dad recorded the final and I think I asked a million times during the months after to see the last few darts, D16 and then Barney threw away his last dart :d ), but nowadays he is always so negative and that's so freaking annoying :p 

Aah, yup. I saw a few of Barney's matches last year and he just wasn't mentally up to winning. How I wish for the Barney of the old to show up again.

Spain beating England has no chance :p. We can have a bet on that :p

4 minutes ago, Suneet said:

I also need to see this 1998 match you're talking about. Is it on the net?

After 1:50 hours the tiebreak starts, 2-2 in the final set :p

Ah those good old times, with Martin Fitzmaurice and his "Aaaaare youuu ready?!! Ladies and gentlemen...LET'S! PLAY! DARTS!" :d