website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Tickets for the Premier League in Rotterdam in April went on sale today......all 10.000 tickets were sold out

Hide contents

in 5 minutes :lol::bowdown:

Even 3 minutes faster than last year's record :d 

I can only imagine that non-darts fans on here in countries where darts is not traditionally popular are probably reading this thinking, "what is wrong with you people, what's so interesting about darts?". If only they knew :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

10 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I can only imagine that non-darts fans on here in countries where darts is not traditionally popular are probably reading this thinking, "what is wrong with you people, what's so interesting about darts?". If only they knew :d

Yep :d

Well here it only got popular thanks to Van Barneveld's success halfway through the 90's, I remember my dad videotaped his 1st or 2nd Embassy win and in the year after that I asked like a million times to watch that again because I thought it was so awesome how he hit that double 16 and then threw his last dart in the air :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

The answer i get everytime and by everyone here, when i say i'm going to watch darts on the TV. :d

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

The answer i get everytime and by everyone here, when i say i'm going to watch darts on the TV. :d

For Latvia, Hong Kong, Japan or Poland or something at least I could say "well they have one sort of decent player", but I honestly can't name one Bulgarian darts player and yet you watch darts, that's just really cool :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

For Latvia, Hong Kong, Japan or Poland or something at least I could say "well they have one sort of decent player", but I honestly can't name one Bulgarian darts player and yet you watch darts, that's just really cool :d 

Because there aren't any darts players. :lol: No really, our best player is also the president of the darts federation and also the tv commentator for the tournaments shown on TV. :d I think he has had some minor wins on some low-level WDF tourneys.

30 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Because there aren't any darts players. :lol: No really, our best player is also the president of the darts federation and also the tv commentator for the tournaments shown on TV. :d I think he has had some minor wins on some low-level WDF tourneys.

What's his name? Let's see if he's on Darts Database :p 

Well, it has to start somewhere, if it's shown on TV on occassion, one might imagine there's a few young people here and there playing it, maybe one day one of them turns out to be quite talented :p 

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's his name? Let's see if he's on Darts Database :p 

Well, it has to start somewhere, if it's shown on TV on occassion, one might imagine there's a few young people here and there playing it, maybe one day one of them turns out to be quite talented :p 

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDetails.aspx?playerKey=12782

Not big of information on him. :p

39 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Have you ever played darts? And by played I mean thrown darts at a dartboard, nothing too serious :d

Of course, we have does here. :lol: Very fun and good at the throwing (for an amateur), not very good at the calculating the points. :d