website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

28 minutes ago, zob79 said:

2 more booked today; probably another 2 will come tomorrow; it's gr8 for a country who had just 3 boats at Rio and one lousy bronze medal

Watch out for Radis/Bodnar in women's double sculls; youngest crew here (20 & 21 yo) but won semifinal in champion style and have a bright future ahead

Wow, well done! I am happy because i started to follow rowing by watching women eights with great Romania in Barcelona 1992. 

So 5 crews until now. How many rowers is that?

now it's time for the first medals to be given up at the 2019 Rowing Worlds...

starting in a few minutes (after the first Para-Rowing finals, which I'm not going to take into consideration in this thread), Today's A Finals (non-Olympic disciplines) are:

- women's Lightweight Singles (h.13:38)

- men's Lightweight Singles (h.13:55)

- women's Lightweight Pairs (14:47)

- men's Lightweight Pairs (h.15:03)

- men's Lightweight Quadruple Sculls (h.15:36)

- women's Lightweight Quadruple Sculls (h.15:52)

And there's the first Dutch medal, silver in the pararowing single sculls :cheer: (don't know about the men yet, I'll watch that in between the other finals :p )

Meanwhile the commentators on the FISA stream were wondering what the animals the athletes get a doll of on the podium are. "Some kind of marmot...but there are no Austrian marmots." Someone didn't Google first :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Wow, well done! I am happy because i started to follow rowing by watching women eights with great Romania in Barcelona 1992. 

So 5 crews until now. How many rowers is that?

Actually Barcelona wast the best Olympics for our rowing :) after that we became kinda lazy and focused only on women's eights.

For Tokyo we have qualified until now W2x, W4-, LW2x, M2x and M4- boats, which add up to a total of 14 rowers. Tomorrow we will probably get quotas for W8+ and M2- crews, e.g. 25 rowers

Well this lightweight sculls race isn't really exciting.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, zob79 said:

Actually Barcelona wast the best Olympics for our rowing :) after that we became kinda lazy and focused only on women's eights.

For Tokyo we have qualified until now W2x, W4-, LW2x, M2x and M4- boats, which add up to a total of 14 rowers. Tomorrow we will probably get quotas for W8+ and M2- crews, e.g. 25 rowers

Thats really impressive. :clap:

I remember those Games even though i was really young. Rowing was important sport for me. 

Many nations cant even select eights and Romania is among only few nations that can send eights to every OG. 

Cool, Corné de Koning taking the gold :cheer:

Three finals with a Dutch boat done, two medals. Not bad (and also not unexpected) :p