website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

45 minutes ago, dareza said:

Poland? Poland is in A final?

32 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Excuse me, but in Men's Four Final B will compete: :SRB / :NED / :SUI / :FRA / :GER / :RSA (look at the results, not start list ;) )

sorry, guys! you're right...I just misread the website (unfortunately I couldn't watch that specific race, so I could only rely on the final results...and still I missed them badly)...:facepalm:

now it's all been fixed...;)

by ending up in the top 2 places of the Repechage Race, :NED and :NZL join the already qualified boats from :GER / :AUS / :GBR and :USA in the final of the men's Eight.

for what concerns the Olympic Quota, there are only 5 places up for grabs, which will be decided in the A Final...
Edited by phelps

So, after Today's races, 42 Olympic Quota in 7 different Boats have been already (unofficially) awarded...

this is a quick recap...

- women's Pair
- men and women's Four
- men and women's Lightweight Double Sculls
- men and women's Quadruple Sculls

:POL POL 5
:AUS AUS 4
:ITA ITA 4
:NED NED 4
:GER GER 3
:GBR GBR 3
:NZL NZL 3
:ROU ROU 3
:USA USA 3
:CHN CHN 2
:ESP ESP 2
:BLR BLR 1
:CAN CAN 1
:DEN DEN 1
:FRA FRA 1
:IRL IRL 1
:NOR NOR 1

How funny the NZ W4x had only been put together a few weeks ago because they were reserves for priority boats and now find themselves in the Olympics after their 2nd race ??. Mind due it just shows how strong women's rowing is in NZ at the moment. Thank goodness the M8+ are in the final but they have their work cut out to make the Olys still with only 5 of the 6 in the final to go through automatically. 

Edited by Joshi

Just to clarify: the Dutch boats are only actually qualified if they get a top-6 finish. If not, there's additional results they have to achieve next year in certain World Cups and events.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Why is the second women's eight repechage still unofficial? :p

kxmkYRV.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Just to clarify: the Dutch boats are only actually qualified if they get a top-6 finish. If not, there's additional results they have to achieve next year in certain World Cups and events.

well, those boats are all qualified to the A final, so the top 6-finish is mathematical for them (provided they don't get caught with anything causing a disqualification from the whole tournament)...

Just now, heywoodu said:

Why is the second women's eight repechage still unofficial? :p

kxmkYRV.png

because the WR website sometimes crashes and everything messes up (there are also a few heats/semis where it's only indicated the start list instead of the race result...and you have to read the .pdf file to know how it actually went)...:facepalm: