website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

"The THA PR2 Mix2x and PR1 M1x have withdrawn from the event after the Draw and prior to the first heat. The actual on water rowing experience and ability of the crews was judged to be not of sufficient standard and could have a negative impact the operation of the regatta. The Executive Committee asked that they be withdrawn and this was accepted by the Thai team."

Just now, intoronto said:

"The THA PR2 Mix2x and PR1 M1x have withdrawn from the event after the Draw and prior to the first heat. The actual on water rowing experience and ability of the crews was judged to be not of sufficient standard and could have a negative impact the operation of the regatta. The Executive Committee asked that they be withdrawn and this was accepted by the Thai team."

I think that Belarus rower died last week and that this decision is consequence of that tragic event.

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

I think that Belarus rower died last week and that this decision is consequence of that tragic event.

In some respect yes, but as I wrote in my article, he was a very talented para-rower. He’d been to multiple world championships and had been rowing for years. It was honestly just a tragic accident. The Thai teams were still definitely affected by that though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela