website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2019

hckošice

I guess that the Japanese team is good  enough not to need the shameful gifts they received between yesterday and today...:nopompom:

what happened yesterday to :ITA Manuel Lombardo against Abe and earlier today to :POL Julia Kowalczyk against Yoshida is really shameful, it's really unacceptable...:finger::redcard::hairpull::thumbdown:

and those 2 are just the worst examples, but I've seen many, many dubious calls, despite having the chance and the help of the video replay of all the action...:zip:

it was supposed to be between ISR and ALG

I wonder if anybody wants to scream about banning this or that. or making up phantom interviews ?! or sending letters to IJF asking/ordering them to do something ? guess not, nobody will even notice this. the exact same thing happened in another sport just 2 weeks ago and of course nobody noticed. that's only for Iran while something like 10 other countries or maybe more have the same policy (which I believe is extremely stupid but that's not the point here)

today's early action recap...

women's -57kg semifinals

:JPN Tsukasa Yoshida vs :BRA Rafaela Silva
:CAN Christa Deguchi vs :BUL Ivelina Ilieva

repechage round

:POL Julia Kowalczyk vs :RUS Daria Mezhetskaia (winner going for Bronze vs loser of Deguchi vs Ilieva fight)
:FRA Sarah Leonie Cysique vs :KOS Nora Gjakova  (winner going for Bronze vs loser of Yoshida vs Silva fight)

men's -73kg semifinals

:AZE Rustam Orujov vs :AZE Hidayat Heydarov
:JPN Shohei Ono vs :RUS Denis Iartcev

repechage round

:ISR Tohar Butbul vs :TJK Behruzi Khojazoda (winner going for Bronze vs loser of Ono vs Iartcev fight)
:TUR Bilal Ciloglu vs :TJK Somon Makhmadbekov  (winner going for Bronze vs loser of Orujov vs Heydarov fight)

justice is (partially) done! at least Kowalczyk got a small consolation with her Bronze medal (and a lot of regrets, as today she was the best on the mat...she was really, really impressive) and Yoshida didn't get a full success, which would have been totally undeserved...

Deguchi's Gold is a good compromise, as it's the right prize for her great season so far...

in the men's class, Shohei Ono was dominant all day long and he really deserved to win Gold...pity for Tajikistan...they had 2 guys in the final block, but they didn't get any medal (and Khojazoda would have deserved to win one)...

Yeah, Kowalczyk winning bronze & Yoshida not winning gold is the best case scenario. Though obviously this thing here was nothing like the Pawel Zagrodnik robbery vs master of all robbers Ebinuma at London OG 2012 :mad:

Kowalczyk will only turn 22 next month so maybe we have a true elite talent on the women's side which we really lacked since the 90s (and I'm not talking Beata Maksymow who remains the last Polish judo World Champion but Ewa Larysa Krause who was way more talented before her career was tragically cut short).